Used 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Tow and Go
By doctorjim

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 16k mi, now 162k. A great vehicle for me, as I have driven it to work every day since. I've been deer hunting in Alabama and duck hunting in Arkansas, driving to areas that my friends were pulling ATVs to access. Tows my boat (3300 lbs) without a whimper. I was recently asked to pull out my friend's boat on a dirt private ramp when his full size pickup failed. There is no substitute for horsepower and 4WD! Had to replace water pump at 120k and master brake cylinder at 150k. Back seat is a hastle for car seats, but if your kids are booster-sized or older then you're home free. Not really accessible for elderly parents, though. Gas mileage: 11-13 tow/city, maybe 15 hwy.

Favorite Features

Reliability. My wife (Chrysler owner) recently stated, "I don't want another American car. We're getting a Honda or Toyota ... unless we can find a Chevrolet I like, because we haven't ever had to do anything to yours." Also love being able to go anywhere, regardless of weather.

Suggested Improvements

It could use better electronics (stereo), seat adjustment options, and the rear seat is spacious but hard to access and not real comfortable for adults on long trips. However, the truck does exactly what a 2DR 4WD is supposed to do, and it does it for a long time.

Love my Chevy
By bagged2dr

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the truck that Iíve always wanted. It has the comfort of an SUV but the styling and drive of a car. It's a sports truck and was beyond its time. Add big wheels and the experience is mind boggling.

Favorite Features

2 doors

Suggested Improvements

Higher compression and factory headers and gearing for better gas mileage

1995 Tahoe
By Let's fish

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

We used the Tahoe for both city driving and for long distance travels (Florida to Virginia). We have the towing package and have towed a large 18' boat to the Florida Keys and to Virginia with no issues. Very reliable and dependable. Even after 11 years we have had minimal component replacement. 1 A/C, 1 radiator, 1 water pump.

Favorite Features

Tailgate has been fun to have. Some times when camping, we have had to fold down seats and sleep in the car. Air mattress fits very well in the rear.

Suggested Improvements

Only drawback we have found is that it is hard to completely stop the air even when you turn off the individual vents.

95 Tahoe best deal around
By 95TahoeBoston

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 95 Tahoe new. It's been a great truck! Looking to upgrade to a 2007 version. I will be very very very very very sorry to let go of this gem of a vehicle. It's been reliable... "like a rock" as they say. I have the "Sport" version with the big fender flares and everything.

Favorite Features

Nice big beautiful truck, really turned heads when new, still not bad looking, with the flames I added behind the rear wheels!

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat could move forward to allow for easier access to back. That's been my only complaint over 11 years.

Built to Last
By Zener123

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tahoe with 174,000 miles, 3 years later and 254,000 miles on the odometer, this SUV is mechanically sound. Repairs have been needed. I've replaced the radiator, muffler, and the intake manifold gasket (antifreeze leak on the front block - total parts cost $600). I change the oil every 3,000 miles. With a little luck I might get another 80,000 miles out of this engine (or another 3 years - holding my breath). If you want an old reliable SUV and don't mind using Chilton's manual to do the work yourself, this may be the SUV for you.

Favorite Features

Roomy, even the new Tahoe's don't feel as spacious b/c the dash is in your face

Suggested Improvements

Electrical wiring could be improved. Don't like filling up at the gas station. $75 dollars to fill up.