1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Tow and Go
By doctorjim on 08/02/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 16k mi, now 162k. A great vehicle for me, as I have driven it to work every day since. I've been deer hunting in Alabama and duck hunting in Arkansas, driving to areas that my friends were pulling ATVs to access. Tows my boat (3300 lbs) without a whimper. I was recently asked to pull out my friend's boat on a dirt private ramp when his full size pickup failed. There is no substitute for horsepower and 4WD! Had to replace water pump at 120k and master brake cylinder at 150k. Back seat is a hastle for car seats, but if your kids are booster-sized or older then you're home free. Not really accessible for elderly parents, though. Gas mileage: 11-13 tow/city, maybe 15 hwy.

Love my Chevy
By bagged2dr on 07/14/07 01:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the truck that I’ve always wanted. It has the comfort of an SUV but the styling and drive of a car. It's a sports truck and was beyond its time. Add big wheels and the experience is mind boggling.

1995 Tahoe
By Let's fish on 06/19/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

We used the Tahoe for both city driving and for long distance travels (Florida to Virginia). We have the towing package and have towed a large 18' boat to the Florida Keys and to Virginia with no issues. Very reliable and dependable. Even after 11 years we have had minimal component replacement. 1 A/C, 1 radiator, 1 water pump.

95 Tahoe best deal around
By 95TahoeBoston on 03/18/06 05:49 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 95 Tahoe new. It's been a great truck! Looking to upgrade to a 2007 version. I will be very very very very very sorry to let go of this gem of a vehicle. It's been reliable... "like a rock" as they say. I have the "Sport" version with the big fender flares and everything.

Built to Last
By Zener123 on 10/28/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tahoe with 174,000 miles, 3 years later and 254,000 miles on the odometer, this SUV is mechanically sound. Repairs have been needed. I've replaced the radiator, muffler, and the intake manifold gasket (antifreeze leak on the front block - total parts cost $600). I change the oil every 3,000 miles. With a little luck I might get another 80,000 miles out of this engine (or another 3 years - holding my breath). If you want an old reliable SUV and don't mind using Chilton's manual to do the work yourself, this may be the SUV for you.

Good Stuff!
By NewCoach on 03/16/05 18:33 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle had about 35k when I bought it. I have never had a single bit of trouble with it. I did replace the carrier bearings at about 80k, and a few other normal items. The gas mileage is not that great (avg of 13), but this is a totally solid vehicle. It rides high and drives great. It still get's as good of gas mileage as the day I bought it. I use a Carquest sport filter and synthetic Mobil oil every 5k. In general, I love this vehicle. I plan on keeping it until my 2 year old gets old enough to drive it.

Good Stuff!
By NewCoach on 03/16/05 18:33 PM (PST)

its a chevy
By Michael on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

What can I say, its a chevy, my tahoe has served its purpose in a variety of places, its great in the snow, in rain, dry, and stormy conditions, even mud...:) only everyonce and a while, but the only thing gm should have put the engineers to work on were the weak brakes that are meant for a civic or a small piece of crap, but tahoes are very versatile, and capable of whatever you chsoe to throw at it, it can easily conquer them, reliable and good looks.

Charlie's Tahoe
By chabea on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this SUV new and it has never let me down. It is great in snow. I got through 20 inch snow fall in 1996 when nothing else in my neighborhood could. I've had oil changed every 3.000 miles and basic dealer maintenance - the truck still drives like new!

Run Away!
By McKeever on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I owned my Tahoe for 4 years and can write a book on the problems I had with it. So, I'm afraid that I cannot write a decent review in 700 characters or less. So here's a condensed review of my 1995 Chevy Tahoe: Stay away from this "SUV"!!! I have owned 20-25 vehicles over the years. My Tahoe was the absolute worst! How was that?