1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Excellent SUV
By Joey Dorsey on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tahoe from a friend who had it since new, after numerous offers, he finally agreed to sell it to me. Probably the best $3000 I ever spent. The truck has 205,000 miles and still drives like a dream, and to call the 4 wheel drive powerful is an understatement. All and all this is my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned.

I dread the day it dies
By Steve G on 03/12/10 13:10 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 1995, this vehicle has displayed unbelievable reliability. At 220,000 miles, it has seen many of my friends' cars, foreign and domestic, sputter to an early expensive grave. Running costs are astoundingly cheap, even considering the unimpressive gas mileage. I had the transmission rebuilt at about 150,000, but that's the only major repair. I drive it cross-country with complete confidence. It's easy to speed on the highway as the ride is so comfortable and the power readily available. While the dash is made of hard, cheap plastic, the gray cloth seats are indestructible, with no stains or rips. I hope it lasts many more years, as I don't see any affordable reliable replacement.

Tow and Go
By doctorjim on 08/02/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 16k mi, now 162k. A great vehicle for me, as I have driven it to work every day since. I've been deer hunting in Alabama and duck hunting in Arkansas, driving to areas that my friends were pulling ATVs to access. Tows my boat (3300 lbs) without a whimper. I was recently asked to pull out my friend's boat on a dirt private ramp when his full size pickup failed. There is no substitute for horsepower and 4WD! Had to replace water pump at 120k and master brake cylinder at 150k. Back seat is a hastle for car seats, but if your kids are booster-sized or older then you're home free. Not really accessible for elderly parents, though. Gas mileage: 11-13 tow/city, maybe 15 hwy.

its a chevy
By Michael on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

What can I say, its a chevy, my tahoe has served its purpose in a variety of places, its great in the snow, in rain, dry, and stormy conditions, even mud...:) only everyonce and a while, but the only thing gm should have put the engineers to work on were the weak brakes that are meant for a civic or a small piece of crap, but tahoes are very versatile, and capable of whatever you chsoe to throw at it, it can easily conquer them, reliable and good looks.

Run Away!
By McKeever on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I owned my Tahoe for 4 years and can write a book on the problems I had with it. So, I'm afraid that I cannot write a decent review in 700 characters or less. So here's a condensed review of my 1995 Chevy Tahoe: Stay away from this "SUV"!!! I have owned 20-25 vehicles over the years. My Tahoe was the absolute worst! How was that?