Used 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Bought for a spare, can't stop driving and love fixing it up
By davolas46

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 95 Chevy Tahoe being the umpteenth owner of it, I had been dumped at our shop's lot sitting for a few years with over 350000 miles on it. The Tahoe had seen alot of battle, rot spots places, front end worn out, rear end hummed. I bought it off my shop for $1500 to replace my Chevy S-10, the first few weeks of having it I fell in love with it even with 350000 on the odometer on it. I learned it was a throttle body injection system and being an auto technician for 7 years I knew it was a very easy model to service. I have put 20000 miles on it, I still own it and love taking care of it.

Favorite Features

2 door LS model is great for a man with no kids, mechanical 4WD system, throttle body injected, easy and inexpensive to fix, very very comfortable, cast iron V shaped overhead valve 8 cylinder 350 5.7, ROOM TO WORK ON, 1 oxygen sensor, timing chain, stock height is perfect for me and easy to get in, power options all around, excellent cruising vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

well. this is a 95 and I'm writing this as what I would like the new 2013 model to be. I wish they had the newer Tahoe model in a 2 door option because I feel it looks really sporty and the 4 door is too big and looks like a bus

Absolute BEST vehicle I've ever owned!!!
By tahoedream1

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The title says it all! I haven't had my Tahoe very long but it's by far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had well over 50 cars in my lifetime!! The quality is so good, you'd never guess it was 17 years old! I've always sworn by Jap/German made cars, but this Chevy has changed my mind! Excellent build quality, perfect height for my 6'2 frame. Runs/drives & looks like its brand new! Literally my only complaint is the plastic door handles, they seem too fragile for such a tough, durable truck. I'm a Chevy truck owner for life now! Lets hope Detroit remembers how to build them like they did in 95 when I go to buy a newer Tahoe in 10 years or so!

Favorite Features

Tough and durable frame. Excellent power from the 350 V8 (also probably the cheapest engine to work on). Great interior layout. Lots of leg room in the back seat and endless cargo room. Very supportive seats with very high quality fabric. Handles great, extremely easy to drive. Great towing capability-tows my 24' camper like nothing. Love Love Love this truck! I never get attached to vehicles, but I may just shed a tear once my Tahoe bites the dust, but it will be a very long time before that happens! I highly recommend spending $4k on a good used Tahoe/Yukon over buying a new car, chances are the Tahoe/Yukon will last just as long or longer even being a decade older

Suggested Improvements

The ONLY complaint I have is the fragile door handles. I love it so much I don't even care about the gas mileage, but when you buy a full size SUV the last thing you should think about is MPG, none of them (even hybrids) get good mileage.

Excellent SUV
By Joey Dorsey

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tahoe from a friend who had it since new, after numerous offers, he finally agreed to sell it to me. Probably the best $3000 I ever spent. The truck has 205,000 miles and still drives like a dream, and to call the 4 wheel drive powerful is an understatement. All and all this is my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned.

Favorite Features

I love the short wheelbase and the tough looking stance it has. The low range 4 wheel drive gear will pull anything you hook on to.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish chevrolet would still offer the two door model tahoe. And if you drive it hard it drinks gas.

Bulletproof
By Peter

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Just bought mine with 150K, amazing truck, great ride quality, even great seats. Tough as nails, inexpensive to repair, this might be the last of the great American SUVs. I've owned European luxury cars and have driven pretty much everything out there and this truck impresses me more than the Range Rover!

Favorite Features

Suspension, Solid Frame, Lumbar Support on Seats, Driving Position, Effortless V8 Power, Cheap to Repair

Suggested Improvements

Cheap Door Handles, Brittle Plastic Grille

1995 Sport Tahoe
By sporttahoe

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

This is by far the best and most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I ordered the vehicle and have enjoyed it from the very first day. Great looking vehicle, easy to drive, looks great at age 15. In fact it feels like part of the family.

Favorite Features

I like the size, comfot and looks of my Sport Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

Better AC and mileage. I just wish Chevrolet still sold a 2 door Tahoe. I would buy another in a heart beat.