2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Limited/Z71 model:
Could have a new vehicle if I wanted one.
By sherriweaver on 05/30/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

At 286,000+ miles my tranny has given up. My husband said it is time for me to get a new vehicle. I do NOT want a new one! I haven't seen anything that looks as awesome as my Tahoe. So to the transmission shop it goes. When the engine gives up I will replace that too. I LOVE MY TRUCK! We bought it in 2006 at 175k miles this has been the only major problem we have had. I would rather fix the problems with the truck of my dreams than make payments on something I hate. My Tahoe looks great, sounds great and turns heads everywhere we go. I have never seen another one exactly like it anywhere. Dark Carmine Red trimmed in Gold with 32in aluminum wheels, big ole mud grips and dual exhaust! AWESOME!

Hardy Vehicle That lasts
By Slusc009 on 02/15/10 19:42 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to repair the alternator and the door actuators and that is all in ten years of service. I probably could keep it another ten years if I wanted too.

It doesn't get any better.
By 1rstgenerationZ on 05/19/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the truck with 24000 miles when it came off lease in 2003. It has 105,000 miles on it now, and the only thing I have done to it is add a battery and a U-joint. I have used synthetic oil and changed it religiously every 5000 miles, if you do this, it will run forever, so it seems. Suggestion: always set the parking brake before placing it in park.. if you do this then the transmission won't have to hold the weight of the vehicle. Great ride, would drive it anywhere. Comfortable on long trips from GA to CO. 4wd has been valuable. Gas mileage is pretty bad, but you get what you pay for. 16 MPG. Ive been to 19 but also 14 too..(running 285 tires).

GONNA MISS IT
By THOMAS HARRIS on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

HAVE BEEN GREATLY SATISFIED WITH THE TRUCK FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. MY WIFE WAS RECENTLY IN AN ACCIDENT WHERE THE TRUCK ROLED OVER ON THE TOP AND THE INTERION HELD UP WELL. THATS ONE THING I HAVE APPRECIATED ABOUT IT IS THE FEELING OF SAFETY WHEN MY WIFE AND 2 CHILDEREN WERE IN IT. IT HAS HANDELED WELL IN 2 AND4 WHEEL DRIVE AND HAS BEEN A GREAT FAMILY CAR FOR US. CRIED WHEN SHE WRECKED BECAUSE DON'T THINK I CAN REPLACE IT.

Z71 Tahoe
By tahoe_lover on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, very pleased. Had to replace gas tank (crack) at 30k and starter at 40k. Otherwise, reliable, great performance and great looking. Very safe. Easily tows 27ft travel trailer with Z package. Installed aftermarket remote starter.

Great tow vehicle and smooth riding
By daryl k on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Great tow vehicle and smooth riding. Fits all 5 people comfortably. Tows excellent. Great handling and very roomy. Very sturdy in high winds and snow.

(The Rock)With a Rocken Chair Ride!
By Pat Snoeberger on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

The Z71 Tahoo is designed with all occasionals in mind.

Z71 nice SUV
By mct69 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Nice truck. Gas milage surprised me, 20 on the highway. Love everyhting except interior plastic. Put in a carbonfiber kit and it really looks great.

masterful
By cecil love on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle with great features

z71 worthy investment
By Dewayne on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

The Z71 Edition of Chevy's Tahoe is a welcome upgrade. Most of it is appearance, but some of the options are truly useful. The cattle pusher on the front is built better than most aftermarket grille gaurds. It is mounted to both the frame and bumper which makes it a useful tool if a mule deer, elk, or the occasional import steps out in front of you. The side steps offer great side impact protection. Finally, the 2-tone leather seats are as comfortable as any lazy- boy!