2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Limited/Z71 model:
Could have a new vehicle if I wanted one.
By sherriweaver on 05/30/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

At 286,000+ miles my tranny has given up. My husband said it is time for me to get a new vehicle. I do NOT want a new one! I haven't seen anything that looks as awesome as my Tahoe. So to the transmission shop it goes. When the engine gives up I will replace that too. I LOVE MY TRUCK! We bought it in 2006 at 175k miles this has been the only major problem we have had. I would rather fix the problems with the truck of my dreams than make payments on something I hate. My Tahoe looks great, sounds great and turns heads everywhere we go. I have never seen another one exactly like it anywhere. Dark Carmine Red trimmed in Gold with 32in aluminum wheels, big ole mud grips and dual exhaust! AWESOME!

Hardy Vehicle That lasts
By Slusc009 on 02/15/10 19:42 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to repair the alternator and the door actuators and that is all in ten years of service. I probably could keep it another ten years if I wanted too.

Best vehicle of 2000 !
By KANE on 03/18/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Dressed in All Black, this truck is the cornerstone of strength and toughness. Fitted with a seductively masculine, roomy interior and a sleek, structured exterior, it flows smoothly on the highway and demands respect in the city. This is a ‘gotta have’!!

It doesn't get any better.
By 1rstgenerationZ on 05/19/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the truck with 24000 miles when it came off lease in 2003. It has 105,000 miles on it now, and the only thing I have done to it is add a battery and a U-joint. I have used synthetic oil and changed it religiously every 5000 miles, if you do this, it will run forever, so it seems. Suggestion: always set the parking brake before placing it in park.. if you do this then the transmission won't have to hold the weight of the vehicle. Great ride, would drive it anywhere. Comfortable on long trips from GA to CO. 4wd has been valuable. Gas mileage is pretty bad, but you get what you pay for. 16 MPG. Ive been to 19 but also 14 too..(running 285 tires).

My favorite truck
By reedsdrummer on 02/10/05 00:27 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I test drove this truck with 14 miles on it. It now has over 97,000. I'm a drummer and I am constantly on the road for my gigs. My truck has been from Dallas to Key West to the Carolinas and every point in between many, many times. It has never left me stranded, it has hauled tons of band equipment, trailers... everything... I can't really express how great it has been. I've spent many nights in it on the raod and it brings me a comfort to know that when I'm away from home, my truck is always there and never far away.

great ride
By bigblkho on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I love this vehicle. It is sleek and rides like a car. There is a lot of room and planty of power to get you where you want to go, fast.

GONNA MISS IT
By THOMAS HARRIS on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

HAVE BEEN GREATLY SATISFIED WITH THE TRUCK FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. MY WIFE WAS RECENTLY IN AN ACCIDENT WHERE THE TRUCK ROLED OVER ON THE TOP AND THE INTERION HELD UP WELL. THATS ONE THING I HAVE APPRECIATED ABOUT IT IS THE FEELING OF SAFETY WHEN MY WIFE AND 2 CHILDEREN WERE IN IT. IT HAS HANDELED WELL IN 2 AND4 WHEEL DRIVE AND HAS BEEN A GREAT FAMILY CAR FOR US. CRIED WHEN SHE WRECKED BECAUSE DON'T THINK I CAN REPLACE IT.

Z71 Tahoe
By tahoe_lover on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, very pleased. Had to replace gas tank (crack) at 30k and starter at 40k. Otherwise, reliable, great performance and great looking. Very safe. Easily tows 27ft travel trailer with Z package. Installed aftermarket remote starter.

Great tow vehicle and smooth riding
By daryl k on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Great tow vehicle and smooth riding. Fits all 5 people comfortably. Tows excellent. Great handling and very roomy. Very sturdy in high winds and snow.

Tough looking black tahoe
By Big Black 'Hoe on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Tahoe Limited with 28,000 miles on it and I have had it for about 6 months now. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Interior is perfect, exterior is even better. No problems yet, hopefully it stays that way for a long time.