Used 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Limited/Z71 model:

Could have a new vehicle if I wanted one.
By sherriweaver

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

At 286,000+ miles my tranny has given up. My husband said it is time for me to get a new vehicle. I do NOT want a new one! I haven't seen anything that looks as awesome as my Tahoe. So to the transmission shop it goes. When the engine gives up I will replace that too. I LOVE MY TRUCK! We bought it in 2006 at 175k miles this has been the only major problem we have had. I would rather fix the problems with the truck of my dreams than make payments on something I hate. My Tahoe looks great, sounds great and turns heads everywhere we go. I have never seen another one exactly like it anywhere. Dark Carmine Red trimmed in Gold with 32in aluminum wheels, big ole mud grips and dual exhaust! AWESOME!

There is plenty of room for the kids and all their crap. They have room to be comfortable on long trips. Many days I have as many as 8 kids piled up in there and no-one is cramped. I have plenty of room in the back to stock up when I go to the wholesale shopping club without crowding the kids. On vacations and weekend trips everyone has enough space. There are plenty of charger outlets too, so no-one has to fight over the chargers. Have I mentioned I LOVE MY TRUCK!

I don't think there is anything I would change about my truck!

Hardy Vehicle That lasts
By Slusc009

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to repair the alternator and the door actuators and that is all in ten years of service. I probably could keep it another ten years if I wanted too.

Built as the last in a line before a new model year so all the bugs are built out of it. A rugged vehicle that has been off road and on road equally well.

Wish it had four wheel disk and dual exhaust. I have been completely satisfied.

It doesn't get any better.
By 1rstgenerationZ

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the truck with 24000 miles when it came off lease in 2003. It has 105,000 miles on it now, and the only thing I have done to it is add a battery and a U-joint. I have used synthetic oil and changed it religiously every 5000 miles, if you do this, it will run forever, so it seems. Suggestion: always set the parking brake before placing it in park.. if you do this then the transmission won't have to hold the weight of the vehicle. Great ride, would drive it anywhere. Comfortable on long trips from GA to CO. 4wd has been valuable. Gas mileage is pretty bad, but you get what you pay for. 16 MPG. Ive been to 19 but also 14 too..(running 285 tires).

Plush interior. Two tone leather is really good looking. Color keyed bumpers and the grille guard make it look great. First generation Z Tahoe. It's more of a truck than the new ones. Pulls trailers and boats easily. You'll look in the rear view to see if its still there..

Stock radio is too weak for the speakers and it is worthless essentially. (aftermarket replacement suggested) Chrome caps on the lug nuts are pricey and they crack. Brakes are spongy. Body rolls in curbs bc of its heavy duty shocks.. youll get used to it.

GONNA MISS IT
By THOMAS HARRIS

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

HAVE BEEN GREATLY SATISFIED WITH THE TRUCK FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. MY WIFE WAS RECENTLY IN AN ACCIDENT WHERE THE TRUCK ROLED OVER ON THE TOP AND THE INTERION HELD UP WELL. THATS ONE THING I HAVE APPRECIATED ABOUT IT IS THE FEELING OF SAFETY WHEN MY WIFE AND 2 CHILDEREN WERE IN IT. IT HAS HANDELED WELL IN 2 AND4 WHEEL DRIVE AND HAS BEEN A GREAT FAMILY CAR FOR US. CRIED WHEN SHE WRECKED BECAUSE DON'T THINK I CAN REPLACE IT.

RESALE VALUE HELD UP GREAT. GREAT LOOKING AND EASY TO DRIVE. LOVE THE ROOM INSIDE AND THE COMFORTABILITY. 4WD HANDY WHEN GOING HUNTING. BRUSH GUARD GAVE CONFIDENCE IF ANYTHING RAN IN FRONT. OVER ALL FELT SAFE WITH WIFE DRIVING AND KIDS IN THE TRUCK WITH HER.

Z71 Tahoe
By tahoe_lover

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited/Z71 Z71 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, very pleased. Had to replace gas tank (crack) at 30k and starter at 40k. Otherwise, reliable, great performance and great looking. Very safe. Easily tows 27ft travel trailer with Z package. Installed aftermarket remote starter.

Leather, stereo, heated mirrors.

Has to replace wheel lug covers - pricey. Maybe replce with solid units.