Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:

Tow vehicle
By yoli6

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased this car because I have a 5500 lb. boat and I wanted better over all fuel economy. Success!!! I have towed my boat over Colorado passes with no problems. It does push the car around a little. I get 20 to 22 miles per gallon around town and 16 mpg towing. I live in the Colorado Rockies and the 4wd snow and ice capabilities are amazing. The only problem is they lowered the ground clearance and the front plastic panel bottoms out a lot. The car makes a lot of weird noises from the electric motors that I can't describe (clicking, humming, and buzzing). As of now I would buy another one and encourage anyone who tows to buy one.

Comfortable, quiet, smooth ride, fuel economy. I like that it works. This car truly amazes me.

I have owned 2 Suburbans and 2 Tahoe's all purchased new. I miss some of the luxury features. Climate control buttons are too distracting to use while driving. Defrost is inefficient in extreme cold weather driving.

2009 Tahoe Hybrid is outstanding
By V & S

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Current mileage 19700. Superb vehicle beyond expectations. Superb assembly inside and out. Visibility is superb and blind spots nil. Ride is surprisingly smooth, quite, comfortable, roomy. Required no repairs at 14 months. Same tires and breaks. Handling is better than many cars, excellent acceleration, responsive, tight steering, little sway, great traction control and brakes. It almost never skids. Great sound system, navigation, rear camera, and warning lights. Holds 7-8 large adults; or 5-6 with baggage. Pulls 32 foot trailer with ease. Mileage is better than expected with cruise control, on flat roads, 27-29 mpg. City is 19-24 mpg.

Gas Mileage, acceleration, quietness, handling and minimal, very inexpensive, maintenance. Handling, adherence to the road, smooth quite ride makes it fun to drive. Seems to repel minor dents, no scratches. Lighting is excellent. Driver and passenger friendly. Great AC and heater.

Very surprised it does not have seat, or mirror, memory. Needs fully automatic seats. Rear seats should fold down flush. They are easily removed and replaced but heavy.