Used 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:

34k miles Runs Perfect Great Mileage and Big
By tassopappas1

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We buy a newer used automobile every 12 months or so. We love cars. We have owned several Tahoe since 2007 and suburbans, Land Rover LR3, 2009 Subaru Outback and now this for my wife. It has been a dream. It gets better gas mileage than my new used 2010 Volvo small xc60. Hold seven, the second row bench is a big plus. Plenty of power. Not one problem yet and we are at 34k miles. Good in snow. The Onstar is really nice and the navigation system with XM is one of the best. But the gas mileage for this much vehicle beats all the above mentioned even smaller vehicles including the Subaru (AWD Tahoe in 2WD mode).

Comfy, plenty of room. Rear entertainment. Best navigation system around and add in Onstar and XM and it is almost unbeatable. Mileage is super, ride quiet and smooth.

Exterior styling a little weak. The 18 inch wheels just are a little to small. The lack of a roof rack subtracts from the look. The Hybrid Escalade and Hybrid Denali have all those exterior features and claim the same mileage. Tasso Pappas

2010 tahoe hybrid
By Tom

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

i trade a H2 Hummer in for the tahoe, it great on mileage u get what the say. The oem tires are terrible they slide on dry payment, and even worse in the rain, i haven't even drove in the snow yet, so i went out that week and replace them with a goodyear fortera big difference. The brakes have a litte to be desired. The thing i hate the most is no spare tire or jack, carzy

mpg

spare tire and jack, power tail gate

my tahoe
By leftygolfer

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I just bought my Tahoe hybrid 4wd and am very pleased with it. Rides great. Has great acceleration and excellent gas mileage for it's size. I had an 08 enclave before and am much happier with the Tahoe. The Tahoe is very solid and well made.

4wd is my favorite but also love the auto fold-in mirrors. nav is awesome

more power options on the seats

Should have made it sooner
By gary

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

My last car is Tahoe 2002 LT. It had 145,000 miles with virtually no mechanical problems other than 2 failed power windows. It still runs great so I gave it to one of our store manager. I tow 4000 lb. boat and haul heavy loads of beverages. There is no other Hybrid that can do all that. I have been getting 20.7 mpg in city and highway combined driving. It tows my boat well. I really enjoy the quietness. The back seat doesn't hide away like the older Tahoe so I lose a little cargo space probably due to the space being used for battery storage. I hope the GM doesn't give up its' Hybrid program.

Great gas mileage and quiet rides.

The cup holder does not accommodate mugs with handle like the older Tahoe, a small complaint.

My favorite car ever!
By Kimberly

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have owned many sport cars and SUVs and this is the best one yet. The ride is smooth and powerful. I drove a Cadillac SRX for 3 years and I love having the V8 back with better gas mileage in the city than my SRX. I love how fully loaded the truck comes, but I wish the back door had an automatic control to help my old shoulders. My two teenage daughters think it is very cool and they love having all the room of a full SUV back over a crossover. The technology behind the hybrid system is great even though GM has not pulled up the gas mileage up as high as other hybrids. The autostop feature when the car is stopped at the traffic light or in the car pool light is awesome.

Hybrid system. Navigation System. Center arm rest in the front has lots of room and a non-skid pad that is great for a family of 4 with 4 ipods and 4 cell phones. Love all the space for my tall teenagers and all the upgraded technology. Love being seated up high again over a crossover.

Want more real wood, car of this price should feel more upscale. Rear door should have option of being automatic. It does not close all the time with one push. Need to deal with that third seat. I take mine out most of the time.