2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Consumer Review: Great Choice

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid - Consumer Review

Great Choice
By JTK on

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded an 07 Tahoe LTZ on this hybrid. It's great sitting at a stand- still and still having cold A/C while burning no fuel. The 4WD works great. I miss the rain sense wipers, memory seats, and power tailgate, but I love getting 4-5mpg more than on the all gas Tahoe. Especially since this one has more power than the engine on a regular Tahoe. I've saved some 25% on my gas useage, and since it was >$4.00/gal last summer and fall that adds up to a lot of money. The ride is great and it pulls my trailer effortlessly. I bought as soon as it was available so I did have a recall to replace something in the hybrid system, but they put me in a Caddy while it was in the shop, so OK.

Cold A/C while in hybrid mode. 2-mode hybrid system that helps even when in 4WD, and the gas engine is running. More power than standard Tahoe.

Features that are available in standard Tahoe; rain sense wipers, power tailgate, Memory seats, heated rear seats, power flip rear seats.