2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:
Loving the fuel efficiency!
By TreeHugger on 06/08/09 02:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've gotta say for the fuel efficiency, hands down, the best. Traded my old Range Rover for it & I'm super happy about my gas mileage but it is BIG. Bigger than any other vehicle I've had. The rear camera needs improvement (the angle and range are off). The rear sensors are not as sensitive as they should be (minor fender bender backed into a small car) But I get 30+ on the highway easy. Trust me, I'm always checking. They were very modest with the mpg. So whenever I'm in Atl or DC traffic, I'm laughing at the suckers who are burning up their money lol. Took the 3rd row seats out, there's no room for storage with them in.

MyBrid!
By CJ on 03/01/09 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've had 2 other gas Tahoe's since 2004 and the #1 question I get when someone notices I have a Hybrid is "does it have any power?", and the second of course is "what kind of gas mileage do you really get". I'm always very proud to say it's more powerful than either of my 2 previous gas Tahoe's and I get 19-21 in town, and about the same on longer trips. I had the dealership remove all the decals on body, and removed the windshield decals myself with a hair dryer & WD40 (it really works!). The only thing I miss is my power tailgate. This Hybrid is Mybrid and if you want one, get your own!

Not Happy
By flsunlover on 02/24/09 18:29 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a BMW 745i for this vehicle for the space and 3rd row of seats. I was so happy at first, until things started breaking. First, every time i filled the gas tank up, the truck missed and wouldnt run. Something was wrong with the gas tank which allowed it to fill up too much. Second, a sensor went out causing me to almost not stop in a parking lot. Then, the hybrid system in the transmission went out. Now, my driver side rear door won't open and im taking it in tomorrow. Finally, I only average 16mpg city. This is nowhere near the 21 advertised on the sticker when I bought it.

I Love This Car!
By trisha on 02/17/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I absolutely love this car. I have only had it for a couple of weeks, and I like driving it more and more everyday. I had my eye on an 07 Tahoe when I purchased this one and I am so glad I did. Not to mention the black is fabulous! I have seen the ones with the hybrid decals, but mine did not come with those and I am glad. The gas mileage has proved better than the minivan we previously owned. I would recommend this care to anyone.

What a Great Vehicle
By cecil on 01/25/09 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I am truly enjoying my Tahoe. It rides nicely, and brakes very well. The technology is great, and the OnStar directions service is amazing. I just got a cable for my iphone, and it connects perfectly with the stereo system, and allows great connectivity to my phone. I also love the interior. The year end deal was fabulous with lots of incentives.

Happy after 9 months
By Kevin on 01/05/09 14:05 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a 2007 gas Tahoe for the 2008 hybrid. The mileage is everything that they say it is. It has changed my driving habits somewhat, I'm not a agressive and heavy footed at I used to be. Average 21.3 MPG overall, city mostly, little highway. On my gas Tahoe, I'd get 325 miles per tank if I was lucky, on the hybrid I can get 500 miles per fill-up.

Major Disappointment
By jenniferreeves on 10/04/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

My hybrid stinks - Gas mileage is 16 MPG - Intermittent noise under hood that GM says cannot be fixed - been in shop over 45 days now. GM District Service Manager basically called me a liar & told me the cars simply not broke in yet & I'm buying cheap gas at Shell. GM refuses to repurchase the vehicle & refuses to fix the problem because the noise is intermittent. Factory couldn't even test Hybrid Component to see if that's the problem! After being bullied by GM probably won't buy another GM vehicle! New technology not always great!

New owner
By Bl4z3n on 05/20/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

The incorporation of a CVT on a full size SUV really makes the difference here. Not only does this feature always keep the vehicle in the perfect RPM range, it is super smooth. I just wish the interior was a bit more modern. My reliability rating is a wash as I have only had the vehicle for a few weeks.

Great Car
By Marco on 05/05/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I was in the market for a large SUV. So why not decrease my carbon exposure and increase some fuel saving. I avg. 21.3 city driving and almost 24 highway. The hybrid technology has changed the way I drive in that I am not as aggressive a driver as I once was; saving much more on fuel economy. I totally recommend hybrids. Great purchase even though people think a large SUV Hybrid is an oxymoron.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.