Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:

Loving the fuel efficiency!
By TreeHugger

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've gotta say for the fuel efficiency, hands down, the best. Traded my old Range Rover for it & I'm super happy about my gas mileage but it is BIG. Bigger than any other vehicle I've had. The rear camera needs improvement (the angle and range are off). The rear sensors are not as sensitive as they should be (minor fender bender backed into a small car) But I get 30+ on the highway easy. Trust me, I'm always checking. They were very modest with the mpg. So whenever I'm in Atl or DC traffic, I'm laughing at the suckers who are burning up their money lol. Took the 3rd row seats out, there's no room for storage with them in.

Favorite Features

Fuel Efficiency

Suggested Improvements

Smaller size, like regular Tahoe. Fix rear camera, the angle is off. Make rear sensors more sensitive & give front sensors.

MyBrid!
By CJ

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've had 2 other gas Tahoe's since 2004 and the #1 question I get when someone notices I have a Hybrid is "does it have any power?", and the second of course is "what kind of gas mileage do you really get". I'm always very proud to say it's more powerful than either of my 2 previous gas Tahoe's and I get 19-21 in town, and about the same on longer trips. I had the dealership remove all the decals on body, and removed the windshield decals myself with a hair dryer & WD40 (it really works!). The only thing I miss is my power tailgate. This Hybrid is Mybrid and if you want one, get your own!

Favorite Features

GPS

Suggested Improvements

Power tailgates

Not Happy
By flsunlover

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a BMW 745i for this vehicle for the space and 3rd row of seats. I was so happy at first, until things started breaking. First, every time i filled the gas tank up, the truck missed and wouldnt run. Something was wrong with the gas tank which allowed it to fill up too much. Second, a sensor went out causing me to almost not stop in a parking lot. Then, the hybrid system in the transmission went out. Now, my driver side rear door won't open and im taking it in tomorrow. Finally, I only average 16mpg city. This is nowhere near the 21 advertised on the sticker when I bought it.

Favorite Features

Truck looks good. Nice electronics inside. OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all the problems! Get it right before you sell it to the public.

I Love This Car!
By trisha

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I absolutely love this car. I have only had it for a couple of weeks, and I like driving it more and more everyday. I had my eye on an 07 Tahoe when I purchased this one and I am so glad I did. Not to mention the black is fabulous! I have seen the ones with the hybrid decals, but mine did not come with those and I am glad. The gas mileage has proved better than the minivan we previously owned. I would recommend this care to anyone.

Favorite Features

Navigation system. I am directionally impaired. I always get lost.

Suggested Improvements

Quad seating, 6 disc CD

What a Great Vehicle
By cecil

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I am truly enjoying my Tahoe. It rides nicely, and brakes very well. The technology is great, and the OnStar directions service is amazing. I just got a cable for my iphone, and it connects perfectly with the stereo system, and allows great connectivity to my phone. I also love the interior. The year end deal was fabulous with lots of incentives.

Favorite Features

The OnStar system

Suggested Improvements

Light weight coin holder