2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:
Had this car for over 3 years and still LOVE it!
By danimarie4 on 10/24/11 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought this car brand new in July 2008 and I still absolutely love it. Not many issues, other than a recent engine light on for an emissions issue. It's a very reliable car, mileage is CONSISTENTLY 20-21 no matter where or how I am driving. Wonderful family car. Highly recommend after 50,000 miles!

best SUV out there
By SF bay area on 01/13/10 14:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This car has performed to all expectations. We tow a large ski boat with absolutely no problems and still hold to abut 14 mpg. Regular driving holds around 23 mpg. We have had very few issues in the past year and a half. Power door lock and two recalls. I was apparently one of the first to purchase the vehicle in the area so one or two recalls was normal. Only improvements that had to be done was additional headrest monitors, tranny cooler and removing of the hybrid decals. This car was worth every penny and save me a lot in gas compared to my old Tahoe.

Its Great!
By East Atlanta on 11/16/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We purchased the Tahoe Hybrid to enjoy the comfort, space and anticipated gas savings. We have truly enjoyed its performance and handling. We had issues with the brakes, but they were fixed. We also had the decals removed. The mileage is satisfactory, but its great in a lot of stop and go and on the highways; it averages in the low 400 miles per tank.

Great SUV
By Cory on 11/09/09 07:58 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Great for an SUV. I average about 21 MPG of mixed city/Hwy. The hybrid system is smooth but not seamless. There is an occasional clunk when when the engine disengages. I have had the truck on every type of terrain, including snow, mountains, and mud. It performs as well as any modern SUV, just remember, it is no jeep.

Great SUV
By Tom on 07/11/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe that we liked very much. When it was time to trade we checked out the Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. We really love the truck, we call it the magic carpet ride because it rides so smooth. Wind noise is minimal and the power is great for a full size SUV. Recently we took it on a trip pulling our 6,000lb boat and trailer, I hardly knew the trailer was on the back of the vehicle. After 180 miles one way, we arrived as if we had been riding without the trailer. I own a 2003 Dodge 2500 with Hemi engine, that truck beats us to death and it does not pull the trailer with the ease of this vehicle. We also got between 12.5 and 14.3 MPG, the truck would get 9.5 MPG.

Loving the fuel efficiency!
By TreeHugger on 06/08/09 02:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've gotta say for the fuel efficiency, hands down, the best. Traded my old Range Rover for it & I'm super happy about my gas mileage but it is BIG. Bigger than any other vehicle I've had. The rear camera needs improvement (the angle and range are off). The rear sensors are not as sensitive as they should be (minor fender bender backed into a small car) But I get 30+ on the highway easy. Trust me, I'm always checking. They were very modest with the mpg. So whenever I'm in Atl or DC traffic, I'm laughing at the suckers who are burning up their money lol. Took the 3rd row seats out, there's no room for storage with them in.

MyBrid!
By CJ on 03/01/09 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I've had 2 other gas Tahoe's since 2004 and the #1 question I get when someone notices I have a Hybrid is "does it have any power?", and the second of course is "what kind of gas mileage do you really get". I'm always very proud to say it's more powerful than either of my 2 previous gas Tahoe's and I get 19-21 in town, and about the same on longer trips. I had the dealership remove all the decals on body, and removed the windshield decals myself with a hair dryer & WD40 (it really works!). The only thing I miss is my power tailgate. This Hybrid is Mybrid and if you want one, get your own!

Not Happy
By flsunlover on 02/24/09 18:29 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a BMW 745i for this vehicle for the space and 3rd row of seats. I was so happy at first, until things started breaking. First, every time i filled the gas tank up, the truck missed and wouldnt run. Something was wrong with the gas tank which allowed it to fill up too much. Second, a sensor went out causing me to almost not stop in a parking lot. Then, the hybrid system in the transmission went out. Now, my driver side rear door won't open and im taking it in tomorrow. Finally, I only average 16mpg city. This is nowhere near the 21 advertised on the sticker when I bought it.

I Love This Car!
By trisha on 02/17/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I absolutely love this car. I have only had it for a couple of weeks, and I like driving it more and more everyday. I had my eye on an 07 Tahoe when I purchased this one and I am so glad I did. Not to mention the black is fabulous! I have seen the ones with the hybrid decals, but mine did not come with those and I am glad. The gas mileage has proved better than the minivan we previously owned. I would recommend this care to anyone.

Still fond of this SUV after one year
By Craig on 02/08/09 16:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have enjoyed this vehicle very much, especially during the summer of '08 when gas hit $4.00 a gallon. It rides very well, has lots of room and is quiet after 45,000 miles. I have had it in for extra service 3 times due to the hybrid transmission failing - first the modulator, then the transmission itself, then the modulator again. Fortunately the failures occurred close to home and the dealer was terrific in getting it repaired quickly. I am willing to put up with the hassle to get the excellent mileage for a full sized SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.