Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe Hybrid model:

Had this car for over 3 years and still LOVE it!
By danimarie4

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought this car brand new in July 2008 and I still absolutely love it. Not many issues, other than a recent engine light on for an emissions issue. It's a very reliable car, mileage is CONSISTENTLY 20-21 no matter where or how I am driving. Wonderful family car. Highly recommend after 50,000 miles!

best SUV out there
By SF bay area

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This car has performed to all expectations. We tow a large ski boat with absolutely no problems and still hold to abut 14 mpg. Regular driving holds around 23 mpg. We have had very few issues in the past year and a half. Power door lock and two recalls. I was apparently one of the first to purchase the vehicle in the area so one or two recalls was normal. Only improvements that had to be done was additional headrest monitors, tranny cooler and removing of the hybrid decals. This car was worth every penny and save me a lot in gas compared to my old Tahoe.

GPS system, MPG, power and handling, extremely low road noise

power gate, spare tire kit, removal of side decals, increased front end clearance, improvement on the entertainment system(kids have a hard time viewing, USB bluetooth support

Its Great!
By East Atlanta

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We purchased the Tahoe Hybrid to enjoy the comfort, space and anticipated gas savings. We have truly enjoyed its performance and handling. We had issues with the brakes, but they were fixed. We also had the decals removed. The mileage is satisfactory, but its great in a lot of stop and go and on the highways; it averages in the low 400 miles per tank.

The powering down of the engine at stops is nice (albeit it takes some getting used to).

Great SUV
By Cory

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Great for an SUV. I average about 21 MPG of mixed city/Hwy. The hybrid system is smooth but not seamless. There is an occasional clunk when when the engine disengages. I have had the truck on every type of terrain, including snow, mountains, and mud. It performs as well as any modern SUV, just remember, it is no jeep.

Mileage, 3rd row (at least for kids), ride and handling.

Needs factory roof rack option - I had it installed. Low clearance in front scraps often. Needs auto leveling rear suspension. Still not as spacious as a minivan.

Great SUV
By Tom

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe that we liked very much. When it was time to trade we checked out the Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. We really love the truck, we call it the magic carpet ride because it rides so smooth. Wind noise is minimal and the power is great for a full size SUV. Recently we took it on a trip pulling our 6,000lb boat and trailer, I hardly knew the trailer was on the back of the vehicle. After 180 miles one way, we arrived as if we had been riding without the trailer. I own a 2003 Dodge 2500 with Hemi engine, that truck beats us to death and it does not pull the trailer with the ease of this vehicle. We also got between 12.5 and 14.3 MPG, the truck would get 9.5 MPG.

Leather seats are very comfortable and the rear camera makes trailer hookup a breeze when you have to do it alone. Love the increased gas mileage, we get 20 to 21 most of the time, we have seen 22 to 23 if we drive around 65 on the interstate, that's hard to do with the smooth ride.

Chevy should take off the stupid decals that come on the truck, we did. It makes it look like a traveling billboard. Also, they should look at raising the front air dam a couple of inches, some of the parking curbs will rub. Otherwise great vehicle.....