Absolutely LOVE my 2015 Suburban LTZ (but....)
By eokerholm on
2015 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I really love this car and very happy with the purchase. This is much bigger than my 2006 Honda Pilot that I was happy to get ride of (that thing was a lemon; coming from a guy who's owned 2 Hondas in the last 22 years). This drives well, not as lively as the 6.2L Denali, but my wallet and gas mileage appreciates that. Love all the radar and safety features, hands free, etc. Radar comes in hand when parking this lovely beast. Mileage is incredible. Over 2500 miles so far and I'm averaging in the 18+ mpg range. Mixed driving City/Hwy. On the Hwy, I got 26 mpg to San Antonio from Austin. I was ecstatic!
Favorite Features
Favorites have to be the safety features like the radar, blind spot warning, rear view camera, etc. All useful when driving and especially when parking. I love the hands free Bluetooth and how quiet the car is so taking calls while driving is now safe and audible. I do appreciate all the gauges and information presented and how it shows you average mpg over last 50 or 400 miles to help make me a more efficient driver. Great fun to see the mpg so high for something as big as this. I get better mileage in this Suburban than in my 2006 Honda Pilot. In the city and on the highway. I'm also 6'6" and don't have to have the seat all the way back. What a treat that is. 3rd row flat!
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders, especially in 2nd row, are way too small to hold coffee travel mugs or water bottles securely, so they spill. Shame as there is plenty of space in the door to incorporate deeper/safer cup holders. Seats are comfortable, but depending on how wide you are the raised seat will hit your leg funny. Just go test drive one. Outside of the cupholders and needing more functional/usable space in the front console I do love this car. Very cramped for the driver with not much space for easy to reach/access stuff like pens, etc. Center console is huge, almost too big. Not organized I'm very happy and can live and adjust with the above. Though the cup holders is an extreme annoyance.