2,500 Mile In My 2015 Suburban - A Memo To The Brand Team
By adplusone on
2015 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Just rolled over 2,500 in my 2015 Suburban LTZ 4x4 (MSRP just over $ 71k). I have driven a Suburban since 1995 and I think this my 16th or 17th. LIKES 1) The comfort of the ride and (lack of) wind noise at speed is unbelievably quiet and in spite of the mass of the vehicle it is taunt. Have owned higher dollar Mercedes and BMW sedans and this Burb is better than both of them. 2) Gas mileage is def up from my last one (2013 LTX 4x4). Trip computer actually showed one segment at 20.4 MPG (highway at 75 cruise). Around town is right at 14 MPG...which is an improvement.
Favorite Features
LIKES (Continued) 4) The power fold down (flat) seats are a blessing and work well. 5) The interior (Mahogany) is first class and the driving position is perfect for a vehicle of this size. 6) Still trying to work thru the electronics...but am getting there. Some of the functions can be distracting while driving. ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT 1) Have hit the lower air dam probably 10 times already (all on-road everyday around town driving). Never had that happen in any of my other Burbs. It has not been damaged yet but it is unnerving to say the least.
Suggested Improvements
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT (cont) 2) Had to order the $ 50 center console GM accessories tray. Otherwise the center console is a deep unusable void and not very practical for the things that are carried. 3) Have had real issues with both front and rear seat passengers complaining of sun glare off the dash. 4) YES there is a definite loss of behind the third seat real world cargo area. The hook(s) where we have a clothing rod that hangs between is so close to the third row that the hanging clothes have to hang at about 60 degree angle. 5) The rear cargo floor between the third row and the tailgate drops to the rear by about two inches. That is enough that items slide to the rear.
By jjdca4
on 06/07/14 19:15 PM (PDT)

I was ready for a new suburban several months ago but waited to get the 2015 for the power fold down back seats. Several of my friends and I discussed how much this feature has been needed, as you had to climb over all of your things in the very back to manually put the seats down and then back up again for passengers. I was so happy with my new suburban, it drove well etc. Then, as I went to load the back with groceries, I was happy to get to simply push the button to lower the seat. The seat could not go all the way down because the headrest is too large and it hits the second seat, so it stops half way. I had to climb in through the second row, use both fingers and chin to lower the headrest, then go back to the very back and push the button again. The seat then went all the way down. After unloading groceries, and putting the seat back up for kids to get in, they noted that they could not sit because when the headrest is lowered for the power seat fold to work, the headrest sticks out in the middle of your back. So, we have to put the headrest back up to seat passengers and then climb back through the car every time we need it lowered, to manually put the headrest down so we can use the auto fold down of third seat!! It is more trouble than manually doing it in the past suburbans!! I asked at the Chevrolet dealership to report it so they could offer a new designed short replacement headrest to replace them and they said nothing would ever be done about it!!!!! Huge oversight by Chevrolet and anyone that uses their suburban for kids, sports vacations, hauling, or has a busy lifestyle will be so disappointed. Also, the hatchback has been making a loud popping noise when we open it about 75 percent of the time and they had to order a part for that today, as well as order a new sunglass holder that broke the first week. Though these two things are a disappointment and an inconvenience - the power third row seat that will not go down without way too much inconvenience has got to be addressed. ( I finally removed my headrest which looks ridiculous!!) I hope I help all of those people looking at the 2015 suburbans- I wish I had known. It would have been a great car that had finally caught up with the conveniences so many other cars already offered. They made a huge mistake and from what I hear will never know or care.