2013 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The car luddites built

2013 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

The car luddites built
By zorro_oscuro on

2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'd had a Chevy Tahoe that I basically drove into the ground after 16 years and almost 200k miles, it was time to let it go. I liked the car so decided to go with a Suburban because of the extra room. Biggest financial blunder of my adult life. I've only had the car about 9 months, so I can't really comment on the bones. I was shocked that so much of the body is now cheap plastic. As far as technology goes, I'm surprised it even has a radio. It's so far behind the times that it's an embarrassment to drive in Silicon Valley. I kid you not, my motorcycle helmet has a better designed "infotainment" system.

Favorite Features

The backup camera has the guide bars that show exactly where you will go. A major bonus when backing up a trailer or in a cramped, dark public garage. I'm also a big fan of On-Star.

Suggested Improvements

Take a GIANT leap into the present. My iPhone should be able to connect to the infotainment system. I should be able to see my address book on the touch screen. I should be able to stream music. I should be able to SEE the touch screen without having to look so far down the dash. The GPS should allow me to enter in addresses in order, not some weird thing where I start with the state and work backwards. I shouldn't need a lengthy conversation with the car every time I want to make a phone call. People should be able to hear what I'm saying on the phone, even at highway speeds. My motorcycle helmet should not have a more sophisticated infotainment system.