A great SUV, perfect for a large family or lots of cargo
By alpha1984 on
2013 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I should preface my review by first stating that this truck was only a short term rental, however it was certainly long enough to get an idea for this truck. The space in side is gigantic. I'm 6ft. 3 and had plenty of room. Of course it's what you expect from such a large vehicle. It had excellent road manners considering it's huge size, and road manners have been vastly improved over the old Suburbans. The V8 with active fuel management was seamless in shutting off cylinders, however I feel slightly more power would have helped move this behemoth. It was adequate around down, but if I had to tow anything I would opt for the bigger engine.
Favorite Features
The headroom is unbeatable in this thing. If your tall like myself you'll love all the space. The automatic cylinder shut off was a neat feature too. Visibility is excellent too, very few blind spots. Plus Chevy managed to eliminate the hard truck ride without stripping it of its truck like feel.
Suggested Improvements
As big as it is, I felt the back seats could have used about 2 more inches of legroom to really be perfect. Then again, I'm very tall. The only other qualm I had was the gas mileage. Obviously I didn't expect much, but it did fall about 2 mpg short of advertised numbers. If you're interested in buying one you'll know that this thing isn't going to be cheap to fill up.