leak and shudder
By JEN on
2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Have only owned suburban for 1.5 months and have been at the dealership 2 times with them having it for a week one of those times. Sunroof leaks--I get a wash when my truck gets a wash. Dealer put in a new piece of glass, no shower this time, but still leaks. So far drip pan handles water, but what about 2 years down the road--leaks only get worse. Dealer says they are "designed to leak". Funny--salesman didn't tell me that they were suppose to leak. I wouldn't have gotten one with a sunroof if they had told me that! Also runs rough--was told that again "they all do that--it's how a Chevy idles".wow sounds like a miss to me.should have kept my ford diesel
Favorite Features
lift gate
Suggested Improvements
fix the leaks, fix the shudder-stand behind your vehicle--no wonder GM had to be taken over by the government. Should have let them go under. I will never own a GM product again.
By jalex19100
on 03/13/14 17:35 PM (PDT)

Rented a 2014 Yukon XL last month with only a couple hundred mi on it. The engine definitely does not run "smooth". It almost feels like it stumbles a little. I think the dealer may be right - that might be how they idle. Maybe to conserve on gas it starves the engine at idle, giving it the bare minimum to keep from stalling. 21 hwy is pretty remarkable for such a beast, I think. It didn't have a sunroof - I generally don't trust them anyway. No, sunroofs aren't usually supposed to leak a lot, but these probably have a slight leak and just funnel it out some drain tubes. Dumb, in my opinion, but I can totally see them using a design like that. I've heard they can adjust the track to make it fit tighter, but I don't know. Seems like a nice suv, despite it's crappy handling. I drive a Sequoia - handles like a car, idles smooth, great acceleration, seats 8, but slightly less cargo space and only 17mpg hwy. =( 21 hwy sounds awesome.