I Love My Suburban (Big Black)
By Dr. of Goop on
2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I've had everything from Corvettes to Jeeps (my family owned 3 new car franchises) and for a "Grown Up" the Suburban is the perfect vehicle for me at this stage (50 years old). My black LTZ gets looks everywhere because it evokes the Secret Service / Government impression. The LTZ package offers all of the amenities that I need. My actual mileage is a very respectable 15 MPG and would be substantially better if I didn't use the remote starter so much (to warm/cool the interior). Also, mileage would be better if I didn't have such a heavy foot. For me this is the right vehicle at the right time.
Favorite Features
Size, comfort and style. I think the Suburban is the nicest looking SUV by far. I prefer its styling over the GMC (ugly front in my opinion), Escalade (too much ginger bread and all the smaller foreign brands. The under powered Ford was a non-starter for me.
Suggested Improvements
Need good integration for iPod. Nearly everyone owns an iPod these days. I bought an aftermarket unit that plugs into the on board computer and is controlled through the nav/radio screen. It works well but its integration could be tighter. Also, a rear deflector to keep the tail gate/glass clean