Used 2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Fun to drive & safe!
By tom

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We are very happy with our new Suburban LTZ. We were able to get one of the last 2010 models. So far, everything is great. Impressed with the NAV, particularly compared to our Acura MDX. OnStar is also impressive, but a bit expensive once the free trial is up. Very smooth ride, quiet, and a great sound system. Sufficient power and the cylinder management really seems to help with gas mileage. It is a big car, so it takes time to get used to the braking. We now have plenty of room for the kids and dog.

Favorite Features

Navigation/radio/xm/dvd interface is impressive. Smoooth ride that glides over big bumps in the road. OnStar is impressive. Rear seat headphones allow choice of sound for the DVD player or radio/xm/aux allowing rear seat occupants to listen to different sources.

Suggested Improvements

Floormats do not seem to be great quality, but not a big deal since we'll be putting in all weather mats. Wish they had rain sensing windshield wipers.

Love it!
By Krista

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We were interested in buying a larger car for our growing family. Salesman was very helpful. He brought the Suburban down to my home in Utah County so I could see it and test drive it. Throughout the week we talked often on pricing and the type of car we wanted. He was always very patient and helpful. Krista S.

Need To Make Some Changes
By shoppingnana

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth suburban this is my least favorite the air vents are in the wrong place and the navigation system and the knobs for the heat and air are all so low you cant see them they should have put them up higher like other cars did. this is really dangerous where it is.they should have left the cup holders like they were in the older models there in nowhere to put things in this one.the DVD system is awful in this model if you have kids you will understand. what were they thinking if the tv control gets lost you cant even work it from the back seat.had to be a man to come up with this idea and they must not have had children.wish i had my old one back dont like this one at all.

Favorite Features

rides great, lots of room ,looks good,overall great car just needs some improving

Suggested Improvements

move the navigation system and all knobs up higher on the dash. change heat and air vents they blow in the wrong places. change the console and put the drinks cups back like the older models and take out the slide thing where the cup holders are it is in the way.change the way you work the dvd player

My first Chevrolet Suburban LT
By Phil

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great on long distance traveling. During summer we drove about 600 miles comfortably over Donner Pass and the Grapevine (both ways)without stopping for gasoline or needing a break. Outside temperature ranged from 80 (Reno) to 113 degrees (Bakersfield), but inside it was about 72. Still showing 19.2 mpg with mix of city/rural driving, but I am usually light on the gas pedal except when climbing hills. Up to now I am very happy with purchase and ability to fit in lots of people and infant seats. Easy access to the 3rd row and the large cargo area for carrying weekly groceries or bulky items. I think a full sized mattress would fit with rear seat removed and 2nd row folded. XM radio

Favorite Features

Comfortable front seats with lots of adjustments. OnStar with turn by turn navigation saves a lot of time and miles when searching for stores, etc. Traffic warning system is great in big cities as well freeway traveling. Lots of room for big people in first and second rows & shorter ones in 3rd

Suggested Improvements

Not enough characters available for favorite features so I will add rear view camera and ultra sonic parking assist to that list. Blind side warning would be nice for the LT model even though the large mirrors and lots of windows help with the view and I added small rectangular blind side mirrors.

I Love My Suburban (Big Black)
By Dr. of Goop

2010 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had everything from Corvettes to Jeeps (my family owned 3 new car franchises) and for a "Grown Up" the Suburban is the perfect vehicle for me at this stage (50 years old). My black LTZ gets looks everywhere because it evokes the Secret Service / Government impression. The LTZ package offers all of the amenities that I need. My actual mileage is a very respectable 15 MPG and would be substantially better if I didn't use the remote starter so much (to warm/cool the interior). Also, mileage would be better if I didn't have such a heavy foot. For me this is the right vehicle at the right time.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort and style. I think the Suburban is the nicest looking SUV by far. I prefer its styling over the GMC (ugly front in my opinion), Escalade (too much ginger bread and all the smaller foreign brands. The under powered Ford was a non-starter for me.

Suggested Improvements

Need good integration for iPod. Nearly everyone owns an iPod these days. I bought an aftermarket unit that plugs into the on board computer and is controlled through the nav/radio screen. It works well but its integration could be tighter. Also, a rear deflector to keep the tail gate/glass clean