2010 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Fun to drive & safe!
By tom on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We are very happy with our new Suburban LTZ. We were able to get one of the last 2010 models. So far, everything is great. Impressed with the NAV, particularly compared to our Acura MDX. OnStar is also impressive, but a bit expensive once the free trial is up. Very smooth ride, quiet, and a great sound system. Sufficient power and the cylinder management really seems to help with gas mileage. It is a big car, so it takes time to get used to the braking. We now have plenty of room for the kids and dog.

Love it!
By Krista on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We were interested in buying a larger car for our growing family. Salesman was very helpful. He brought the Suburban down to my home in Utah County so I could see it and test drive it. Throughout the week we talked often on pricing and the type of car we wanted. He was always very patient and helpful. Krista S.

Need To Make Some Changes
By shoppingnana on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth suburban this is my least favorite the air vents are in the wrong place and the navigation system and the knobs for the heat and air are all so low you cant see them they should have put them up higher like other cars did. this is really dangerous where it is.they should have left the cup holders like they were in the older models there in nowhere to put things in this one.the DVD system is awful in this model if you have kids you will understand. what were they thinking if the tv control gets lost you cant even work it from the back seat.had to be a man to come up with this idea and they must not have had children.wish i had my old one back dont like this one at all.

My first Chevrolet Suburban LT
By Phil on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great on long distance traveling. During summer we drove about 600 miles comfortably over Donner Pass and the Grapevine (both ways)without stopping for gasoline or needing a break. Outside temperature ranged from 80 (Reno) to 113 degrees (Bakersfield), but inside it was about 72. Still showing 19.2 mpg with mix of city/rural driving, but I am usually light on the gas pedal except when climbing hills. Up to now I am very happy with purchase and ability to fit in lots of people and infant seats. Easy access to the 3rd row and the large cargo area for carrying weekly groceries or bulky items. I think a full sized mattress would fit with rear seat removed and 2nd row folded. XM radio

I Love My Suburban (Big Black)
By Dr. of Goop on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had everything from Corvettes to Jeeps (my family owned 3 new car franchises) and for a "Grown Up" the Suburban is the perfect vehicle for me at this stage (50 years old). My black LTZ gets looks everywhere because it evokes the Secret Service / Government impression. The LTZ package offers all of the amenities that I need. My actual mileage is a very respectable 15 MPG and would be substantially better if I didn't use the remote starter so much (to warm/cool the interior). Also, mileage would be better if I didn't have such a heavy foot. For me this is the right vehicle at the right time.

Lemon!
By CJ on 08/14/10 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first American car purchased. It will also be my last. Less than six months and I've already been to the dealership four times for problems to be addressed. First was the seating. It felt like an extra bar was in the seat that was pushing upwards. It was intolerable to drive more than 5 miles without it hurting . The second was the A/C. It blows hot air when the A/C is on. Not good for a 100 degree day. Very disappointed in overall quality. I expected much more from a company that has made such a dramatic financial turnaround.

Proudest owner of a Chevy Suburban
By 1st chevy on 06/18/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best car ever. My very first Chevy and won't be the last either

I love my Suburban!
By Cissy on 06/04/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I read Jen's review and while the sunroof leak is regrettable, it sounds to me like the dealership is the real problem. That is unfortunate. My Z71 4WD Suburban has performed flawlessly, providing reliable service day after day. I drive ranch roads and tow a boat and do a fair amount of highway driving. lots of different surfaces and conditions, and this vehicle carries me everywhere in comfort AND holds everything I can stuff into it. I've had no problems whatsoever and have complete confidence in the Suburban. If you can stand the gas mileage - you don't buy a Suburban to get great mileage - then I highly recommend this great truck. And no, I don't sell them.

The Granddaddy of SUVs
By Dan on 05/28/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is our second Suburban. After watching people use and enjoy these big rigs for years, we finally joined the other Suburban owners and we love them. For a "do everything, go anywhere and do it in absolute comfort", it is really hard to beat a Suburban. A/V controls are not as easy to use or see as the 2005 model and I really don't like the seats as well. But otherwise, everything is improved, especially the structure of the chassis, fit and finish and especially the addition of the 6 speed automatic transmission. We really planned to buy a new Expedition EL and test drove both of them several times, but the ride and quietness of the Suburban won out.

leak and shudder
By JEN on 04/02/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have only owned suburban for 1.5 months and have been at the dealership 2 times with them having it for a week one of those times. Sunroof leaks--I get a wash when my truck gets a wash. Dealer put in a new piece of glass, no shower this time, but still leaks. So far drip pan handles water, but what about 2 years down the road--leaks only get worse. Dealer says they are "designed to leak". Funny--salesman didn't tell me that they were suppose to leak. I wouldn't have gotten one with a sunroof if they had told me that! Also runs rough--was told that again "they all do that--it's how a Chevy idles".wow sounds like a miss to me.should have kept my ford diesel

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Suburban in VA is:

$131 per month*