Avoid Suburbans with 5.3 engine
By boomer1971 on
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Hey everyone have had on going issues with my truck and wanted to share my experience . I have a 2009 Suburban with the 5.3 liter engine. I have been to the dealer 4 times with engine related issues. Me and my family have been left at the roadside by this truck. The truck has had the engine rebuilt at 38000 miles by the dealership and continues to consume oil at 41000 miles. I have no confidence in this truck any longer. I've requested a new engine or buyback. Best GM has to offer is $2000 certificate towards purchase of another GM product. Avoid the 5.3 liter versions of the Suburban/ Tahoe/ Yukon as many have had engine problems.
Favorite Features
Truck looks great on the outside and interior design works great with large family.
Suggested Improvements
Support your product!! Improve your customer support. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone that can make a decision. I came back to GM after Acura and it has been a tremendous disappointment. I will continue to post and advise people to avoid GM because they do not stand behind what they make.