2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Almost Perfect Tow Vehicle
By TJ in CT on 04/15/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 2004 3/4 Ton in. The new hitch Platform is appx. 3" higher than the old one, so the trailer tongue and hitch needed to be adjusted. The engine Combo with the 6 speed Transmisson pulls my 24' 10'tall Wells Cargo trailer very well. Weight 3000 lbs empty and 8500 lbs with my Pierce or Bentley loaded. 2400 miles so far and 350 towing. In Tow Mode with a full load the transmission will down shift to hold the load back when needed. It shifted down to 2nd gear at 35mph. The tach popped to 4500rpm. but did in fact help slow the vehicle. I achieved 9.0MPG towing on highways and back roads on pretty agressive hills and valleys. w/o trailer I got 20 MPG on pure highway driving.

Trading up
By 2nd Suburban on 04/01/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded in an 07 on an 09 suburban and pleased with the six speed transmission. The 07 had a four speed transmission (I think the 08 year had both but on different models) and the shifting is much smoother. It also finally has blue tooth. Other than that, it is the same truck as what we had and we were pretty happy with it.

Owner Review 2009 Suburban
By Wayne Dykstra on 12/31/08 10:24 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 Suburban, my 12th Suburban since 1980. The vehicle is the best designed, finshed and highest quality Suburban yet. Fit and finish are perfect and engine noise is nonexistant. The handling and steering are perfectly tuned, and the vehicle feels like a lightweight crossover when you are cornering and drving city traffic. Amazing how they have accomplished it. For anyone who needs a big SUV (as I do) you cannot do better than this one. My only complaint is that Chevy can't figure out how to make the middle row seats lay flat. A very minor issue, however. On a scale of owner satisfaction and value I would rate my Suburban as a 9.8.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*