2009 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Trading up
By 2nd Suburban on 04/01/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded in an 07 on an 09 suburban and pleased with the six speed transmission. The 07 had a four speed transmission (I think the 08 year had both but on different models) and the shifting is much smoother. It also finally has blue tooth. Other than that, it is the same truck as what we had and we were pretty happy with it.

Owner Review 2009 Suburban
By Wayne Dykstra on 12/31/08 10:24 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2009 Suburban, my 12th Suburban since 1980. The vehicle is the best designed, finshed and highest quality Suburban yet. Fit and finish are perfect and engine noise is nonexistant. The handling and steering are perfectly tuned, and the vehicle feels like a lightweight crossover when you are cornering and drving city traffic. Amazing how they have accomplished it. For anyone who needs a big SUV (as I do) you cannot do better than this one. My only complaint is that Chevy can't figure out how to make the middle row seats lay flat. A very minor issue, however. On a scale of owner satisfaction and value I would rate my Suburban as a 9.8.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban in WA is:

$152 per month*