Used 2009 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Chevy is letting me down...
By NotPleased

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I Recently purchased my Suburban less than a month ago and I'm already running into nightmares with constant trips to the dealership. My check engine light has already came on twice due to the ECU (Computer) changing my fuel settings which ends up leading to my truck not starting or running extremely rough. They keep resetting the ECU and it will run for a couple of days but I'll end up right back to where I started from, not driving. The truck is at the dealership as I write this... so beware, this truck is an electronic mess. Now I'm sure I just ended up getting a bad build from the factory line but there are a few people already out there suffering with the same problems that I'm having.

Favorite Features

Interior, Exterior, Rear heated seats, Tons of features, This truck is eye candy.

Suggested Improvements

Change out the transmission, Fix the sluggish uphill horsepower issue, Re- design the wiring and electronic components to where the vehicle doesn't break down on me after driving 1,200 miles in it... I would actually like to drive my truck.

Nice Truck
By Very Nice

2009 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the Suburban LTZ for my wife and 4 daughters. So far VERY happy with the Chevrolet. Disappointed with cheap plastics but overall a very good feel inside. Truck is very smooth and relaxing for such a big vehicle. Not trouble at all to drive for the wife with the backup sensors. Love the big power tailgate and 20 inch rims with the Bridgestones. Rides great. Plenty of power and looks to be as good of mileage in town. If you're thinking about buying a mini van worried about mileage, suck it up and get the Suburban you won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

Styling best looking SUV on the road. Power tailgate, 20 inch rims, silky 6 speed tranny, 5.3 bullet proof AMERICAN V-8, Blue Tooth etc etc its got it all. Simple to drive and operate the way it should be.

Suggested Improvements

C'mon Chevy, take some bailout money and buy some better plastics and interior trim pieces. Other than that, no issues. Still very nice on the inside.