Outstanding quality
By Bill F on
2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought this car because I love my 2003 Tahoe Z71 so much. Phenominal truck. You can't break it with a baseball bat. I gave my wife the Tahoe and traded her Ford Windstar in for the Suburban, which I now drive. Excellent ride, nice power, good braking. I bought the LTZ, so it has all of the creature comforts. Very comfortable. You could drive this car for days without tiring. Personally, I think it is the nicest looking truck on the street, with my Tahoe a close runner up. For city or combo driving I average 16 mpg. I tend to go 75 - 80 mph on the highway, which gives me slightly less than 16 mpg. The Windstar would give me 20 plus on the highway, so that is a disappointment.
Favorite Features
The LTZ comes loaded, and I love all of the features. The navigation system and XM radio are great. The 4 cyl deactivation is seamless. The heated washer fluid is nice on subzero days. Driver's info center gives good info. Auto load leveling gives secure handling whether full or not.
Suggested Improvements
Have the sunroof automatically close, like the aftermarket roofs. Slide forward 2nd and 3rd row seats would help. Bluetooth suprisingly is not available. Design an organizer for the center stoage bin. Things get lost in there since you can only pile things on top of one another.