Awesome Truck, with room for improvement
By TXlnghrn on
2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Had a 99 Burb but stuff kept going wrong so ended up with a new 08 LTZ. Overall great truck and I love to drive it. Average about 14mpg city (0.7-1 mpg less than onboard pc states) and around 10mpg towing my boat. In 3.5 months I have put over 5K miles on it. Personally, I think it looks awesome inside and out, and the materials seem top notch; except for one thing (and this is why I wanted to leave a review). In less than 4 months, my passenger side headlamp is already starting to cloud up. I live in TX and where I park it gets full sun from noon to dusk, but for a $50K vehicle, this is absolutely unacceptable!
Favorite Features
Loads of room for friends and toys. Bells and whistles galore! Awesome stereo w/ Bose sub (my fav.). Impressive power. Two tone leather. Sun roof. Seemless 4x4 in auto setting. Real offroad capability.
Suggested Improvements
Headlights should not cloud period! Stays in 8 cyl. mode even if foot resting on gas ped. Towing better in 3rd; aver. 1mpg better than tow mode. Some nooks/crannys in facia and steps hard to clean. Should have bluetooth.