2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Awesome Truck, with room for improvement
By TXlnghrn on 07/22/08 20:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had a 99 Burb but stuff kept going wrong so ended up with a new 08 LTZ. Overall great truck and I love to drive it. Average about 14mpg city (0.7-1 mpg less than onboard pc states) and around 10mpg towing my boat. In 3.5 months I have put over 5K miles on it. Personally, I think it looks awesome inside and out, and the materials seem top notch; except for one thing (and this is why I wanted to leave a review). In less than 4 months, my passenger side headlamp is already starting to cloud up. I live in TX and where I park it gets full sun from noon to dusk, but for a $50K vehicle, this is absolutely unacceptable!

The Suburban Rocks!
By F-Rod on 07/05/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2002, so I can vouch for all the additions. When they said completely redesigned they meant it. I find the fuel economy extremely good for a beast of this nature. I drive for a living and in less than a year have put 30000 miles on my truck (mostly city miles) and it still drives like new, its a work horse. I shopped the Escalade (overpriced), Denali (not as good looking), Expedition (not a better ride), Navigator (overpriced) and the Suburban seemed to me, the better buy . Great power, fun to drive, nice look and reliable. I would buy it again.

Outstanding quality
By Bill F on 06/15/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I love my 2003 Tahoe Z71 so much. Phenominal truck. You can't break it with a baseball bat. I gave my wife the Tahoe and traded her Ford Windstar in for the Suburban, which I now drive. Excellent ride, nice power, good braking. I bought the LTZ, so it has all of the creature comforts. Very comfortable. You could drive this car for days without tiring. Personally, I think it is the nicest looking truck on the street, with my Tahoe a close runner up. For city or combo driving I average 16 mpg. I tend to go 75 - 80 mph on the highway, which gives me slightly less than 16 mpg. The Windstar would give me 20 plus on the highway, so that is a disappointment.

Family loves it!
By tlkimble on 04/28/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My family loves this Suburban. The space is comfortable and they love the DVD player and the radio. The fact that we can listen to different things at the same time.

Second Suburban and running
By Keith R on 04/28/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I traded my 2003 burb in on this 08 and I love it. The ride is much better and the gas mileage isn't bad for a truck this size especially with the deactivation mode. It changes smooth w/o notice. I love the seating refinements, I drove all the way to Ga (about 8 hrs) and I was not tired, it was great. Keep up the good work Chevy, I love ya.

$50,000 later & I will keep it forever.
By 08LT-z71 on 04/03/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased in Feb 08. Currently have about 1700 miles on it and love it. We opted for the Z71 model, because of the ability to go on moderate off road trails. I will probably look into putting a small lift on it eventually as ground clearence isn't what it should be for 4x4...my 99 Silverado z71 has more ground clearence than this, but for a family vehicle, we will love it and keep it for well over 200,000 miles. Also like the fact we can put e85 in it, though I will confess, in Denver traffic, we only get about 11 miles to the gallon. But at $2.19 a gallon, it only costs $65 to fill instead of $95 w/91 octane. The e85 gets us about 300mpg vs 450mpg with 91. No 6spd tranny for 1500.

Rides like a luxury vehicle
By geo on 03/10/08 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased in January 08. Vehicle rides very good. My wife is impressed with the purchase, she even likes to drive it. The GPS, backup camera is a excellent feature. We utilize the GPS most of the time. The vehicle's performance is exceptional with the active fuel management, getting 19.5 mph at 70 mph.

Excellent vehicle for the price
By yarom on 02/25/08 16:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Without a doubt, the best bang for the buck in todays market. I purchased a 4WD LTZ with all the options. This car looks good, is wel built and perform extremely well for the size. Build quality is fine and there are no issues I can find so far. For ski trip of hauling kids and stuff, there is very little competition.

Love the Suburban
By Thorsen on 02/18/08 20:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded our 2005 Nissan Armada for an LTZ Suburban. The Suburban is so much better built than the Armada. I love the rock solid feel and ride of this car. The new interior is great. I highly recommend this car!

08 Suburban LT 4x4
By William on 01/07/08 07:51 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took posession of my factory ordered Suburban the weekend before the GM labor strike. The quality of my unit should be an example - no problems noted so far. I test drove the Suburban, Yukon/XL and Hummer H2 over a several month period before deciding to order. The new exterior is pleasing, the interior is well designed and comfortable. Leather in Titanium soiled easy - later added Factory seat covers. Radio sounds great - GPS unit has worked flawlessly, though needs upgrade for new road construction in last year. Engine accelerates smooth...in-city driving 11MPG...highway cruise control driving 23 MPH at 55MPH, 19MPH at 65MPH, 16-17MPH at 75MPH. 4WD/Auto provides good traction in snow.