Used 2008 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

suburban interior conveniences
By waller

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A Nice ride, good mileage for a big truck, 18+ around town, 22+ highway @75 mph. Have been on two long trips with no problems. But they left out a lot of little things that made my'96 more fun to drive with 165,000on it.

Favorite Features

everything is automatic, wipers even come on by themselves,..OnStar is great.

Suggested Improvements

I'm disappointed with interior as compared with my '96. it had arm rests on the seats,a place for sunglasses in overhead console, covered place for CCs change holder for tolls, center console top folded forward for a little writing area concealed cup holders option of panel rear doors more storage

Another great Chevy truck
By NoOneSpecial

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck (2 Silverados, 1 Tahoe previously). They just keep getting better. I have never had any problems with any of them. The Suburban is by far the best. I have the Z71 package and love it. It is great for our large family either around town or on longer trips. Now if I can just get my wife to get one. (She is still not confident driving such a large vehicle.) If you need a large SUV, this is a great one.

Favorite Features

XM radio, OnStar, hands-free calling

Suggested Improvements

Fold down 3rd seat

Capacity, Power, Luxury and style
By Bob S

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Driving my new Suburban has been a total pleasure. The LTZ trim package makes this a true luxury to drive. The power towing capacity and room for 8 make this the total package for large families. This is first time my wife has ever uses a truck more then me. She likes driving our Suburban as much as I do and I don't mind beaning a passenger for a change. Our standards for this vehicle have been high traded in a Toyota 4 Runner and Chevy has really won me back with a quality product. In this class of vehicle there is no computation just the standard Suburban.

Favorite Features

Retractable running boards and automatic rear lift gate on the outside. On the inside the hits keep on coming. There are so many to pick out a few rain sensor wipers, heated first and second row seats, the navigation system and OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

The third row of seats need to disappear when not in use for cargo current system is not the best. You have to remove the seats now that's not the answer.

Transmission issue
By chevygolfguy

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our 5th Suburban and the only keep getting better. We bought an LTZ that was a company PIP vehicle. Bought it loaded with 10k miles on it. Have already put 7k more. Rides like a dream. Found out I have a transmission leak at the bell housing. I am not happy about that especially since it was driven by a GM exec and cared for by GM. Dealer is working on it as I write this. Hopefully it will be like new when done. It is by far the best truck on the road. Just hope GM is around to honor the remainder of the warranty if I need it.

Favorite Features

4wd a must in Michigan. Back heated buckets, power everything, GPS, remote start, ride is outstanding, looks.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed on 1500 in 09, blind spotter, 3rd row DVD screen, better mileage.

Sweet
By Sam

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded 05 Z71 Tahoe that was fully loaded for my LTZ. Great truck, getting 19ish on highway. Dark Interior color rocks, love the power everything, rides great, fun to drive, nav is great. Already had onstar & XM but they are still nice. Excellent quality & ride is great. Considered changing brands until I drove the new style. Great job GM

Favorite Features

4 buckets, nav, DVD, power lift gate & remote start & climate control is better than before.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the fact I have to stop to program a destination in the nav system. I know it is for safety, but my wife could type in the destination while in route.