Used 2008 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Outstanding Big Time SUV
By VeteranDriver

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding comfort with all of the luxury items at the fingertips of the driver. My wife loves the power lift gate, heated seats, and overall space in the vehicle. Since it is the LTZ, the bose system and dvd make long range travel a pleasure.

Road stability is great. We feel completely safe in all conditions with the 4 wheel drive. Mileage has been 16.5 around town and 20.9 on trips.

Have had trouble with two power lock actuators, but both were replaced under warranty. Would like a place to store sunglasses other than in side pockets, but this is a very minor issue. Great American product.

4th one and still love it!
By DT

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

They just keep getting better. I had a Tahoe and 2 other Suburbans previously. The '98 Suburban I had really felt like it stuck to the road, the '01 lost that truck feel and felt loose. The ride of the '08 is great, the appearance is great, the highway/city mixed mileage is about 16 on gas and 13 on E85. I like the on- board computer w/mileage performance, XM Radio, On-Star and monthly status e- mails. The kids like the heated rear seats and DVD player plus they can load all of their junk easily.

suburban interior conveniences
By waller

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A Nice ride, good mileage for a big truck, 18+ around town, 22+ highway @75 mph. Have been on two long trips with no problems. But they left out a lot of little things that made my'96 more fun to drive with 165,000on it.

everything is automatic, wipers even come on by themselves,..OnStar is great.

I'm disappointed with interior as compared with my '96. it had arm rests on the seats,a place for sunglasses in overhead console, covered place for CCs change holder for tolls, center console top folded forward for a little writing area concealed cup holders option of panel rear doors more storage

Another great Chevy truck
By NoOneSpecial

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck (2 Silverados, 1 Tahoe previously). They just keep getting better. I have never had any problems with any of them. The Suburban is by far the best. I have the Z71 package and love it. It is great for our large family either around town or on longer trips. Now if I can just get my wife to get one. (She is still not confident driving such a large vehicle.) If you need a large SUV, this is a great one.

XM radio, OnStar, hands-free calling

Fold down 3rd seat

Capacity, Power, Luxury and style
By Bob S

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Driving my new Suburban has been a total pleasure. The LTZ trim package makes this a true luxury to drive. The power towing capacity and room for 8 make this the total package for large families. This is first time my wife has ever uses a truck more then me. She likes driving our Suburban as much as I do and I don't mind beaning a passenger for a change. Our standards for this vehicle have been high traded in a Toyota 4 Runner and Chevy has really won me back with a quality product. In this class of vehicle there is no computation just the standard Suburban.

Retractable running boards and automatic rear lift gate on the outside. On the inside the hits keep on coming. There are so many to pick out a few rain sensor wipers, heated first and second row seats, the navigation system and OnStar.

The third row of seats need to disappear when not in use for cargo current system is not the best. You have to remove the seats now that's not the answer.