Used 2008 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

suburban interior conveniences
By waller

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A Nice ride, good mileage for a big truck, 18+ around town, 22+ highway @75 mph. Have been on two long trips with no problems. But they left out a lot of little things that made my'96 more fun to drive with 165,000on it.

everything is automatic, wipers even come on by themselves,..OnStar is great.

I'm disappointed with interior as compared with my '96. it had arm rests on the seats,a place for sunglasses in overhead console, covered place for CCs change holder for tolls, center console top folded forward for a little writing area concealed cup holders option of panel rear doors more storage

Bad Economy Great Deal
By FordGuy

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2000 Excursion diesel got totaled. I loved it even with 200K miles. I looked at the expedition XL but the MPG was 25% less then the Burb. I got an LT1 for $30,085 including added GM leather! Plus I got a $500 Lowes card. The sticker was over $40K great rebates! Although the ford rode much smoother and was more comfortable, the burb got better MPG and was about $7000 cheaper so I decided to try the Chevy. So far I really like it

OnStar is pretty darn cool. Just a great looking truck

Two things I hate. the trailer hitch is surrounded by a painted bumper, no roon for touching the trailer. 3rd row seats do not lay flat, every other company's 3rd row do not require you to lug the big things out of the truck to get full cargo space. More 2nd row leg room, like the Fords please.

Love it! Will drive the wheels off!
By Jennifer

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 07 Expedition EL for a LTZ White Diamond pkg Suburban for a cheaper monthly payment and better gas mileage. I'm getting worse gas mileage than before, 13.5 mpg mixed city & highway vs. 15.1 mpg with the Expedition. But with all SUVs I don't expect great gas mileage. I love this car more than any other SUV I've ever owned. It drives great, is great looking, comfortable & roomy, it is an all aound great buy-got a steal on it too. Fits my family of 5 wonderfully and is very safe! I have active fuel management and you never can tell when it switches from 4cyl to 8. I will not be buying another vehicle until this one is shot.

White Diamond color looks great, DVD player, power steps, roomy interior, drives well, loads of options, backup camera, lots of safety features

Gas mileage (everyone's complaint), flat folding rear seats, all seats pwr, more storage in cargo area, 6-sp transmission, active fuel management doesn't save much gas, Bluetooth

20 ,pg my foot
By Vince

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family and for pulling. Great ride, quiet cabin, good sound system. Looks great on road

The look of the vehicle.

Fuel economy. Spec said vehicle would get 20 mpg on highway, we only 17 mpg and we babied it. Really disappointed in fuel economy.

Better Safe Than Sorry
By Scott

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Figured it time to upgrade from our 1994 Burb w/ 208k miles. Has been a true workhorse and reliable at that. Waited for second year of new model and we're completely satisfied with our LTZ, professional reviews spot on. The only option we didn't get was retractable steps. The engineering is solid, materials first rate and quality no longer an issue. As for the mpg, I work in a trauma center (ER) and suffice to say those in larger, late model vehilces with all the latest safety features predictably do much better. When one considers the cargo (family), the mpg becomes, at least of us, a distant secondary concern! Better safe, than sorry.

Abundant safety features: OnStar, stability control, roll-over sensors, 360 degree airbags, anti-lock brakes, rearview camera. Quad capt (heated) seats -love pwr release, sound system rocks, OnStar impressive. Onboard telephone very clear. White Diamond Tricoat very nice & not typical black/white.

Second DVD screen for 3rd row seat, optional satellite TV like Caravan great for the family. Would love a diesel option but 5.3L is excellent. 110 volt power outlets. Extend bumper to bumper warranty to 5 yrs / 100k miles vice 3/36k (5/100k powertrain).