2008 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
suburban interior conveniences
By waller on 06/04/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A Nice ride, good mileage for a big truck, 18+ around town, 22+ highway @75 mph. Have been on two long trips with no problems. But they left out a lot of little things that made my'96 more fun to drive with 165,000on it.

Bad Economy Great Deal
By FordGuy on 09/29/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2000 Excursion diesel got totaled. I loved it even with 200K miles. I looked at the expedition XL but the MPG was 25% less then the Burb. I got an LT1 for $30,085 including added GM leather! Plus I got a $500 Lowes card. The sticker was over $40K great rebates! Although the ford rode much smoother and was more comfortable, the burb got better MPG and was about $7000 cheaper so I decided to try the Chevy. So far I really like it

Love it! Will drive the wheels off!
By Jennifer on 08/28/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 07 Expedition EL for a LTZ White Diamond pkg Suburban for a cheaper monthly payment and better gas mileage. I'm getting worse gas mileage than before, 13.5 mpg mixed city & highway vs. 15.1 mpg with the Expedition. But with all SUVs I don't expect great gas mileage. I love this car more than any other SUV I've ever owned. It drives great, is great looking, comfortable & roomy, it is an all aound great buy-got a steal on it too. Fits my family of 5 wonderfully and is very safe! I have active fuel management and you never can tell when it switches from 4cyl to 8. I will not be buying another vehicle until this one is shot.

20 ,pg my foot
By Vince on 08/02/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family and for pulling. Great ride, quiet cabin, good sound system. Looks great on road

Better Safe Than Sorry
By Scott on 08/01/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Figured it time to upgrade from our 1994 Burb w/ 208k miles. Has been a true workhorse and reliable at that. Waited for second year of new model and we're completely satisfied with our LTZ, professional reviews spot on. The only option we didn't get was retractable steps. The engineering is solid, materials first rate and quality no longer an issue. As for the mpg, I work in a trauma center (ER) and suffice to say those in larger, late model vehilces with all the latest safety features predictably do much better. When one considers the cargo (family), the mpg becomes, at least of us, a distant secondary concern! Better safe, than sorry.

Awesome Truck, with room for improvement
By TXlnghrn on 07/22/08 20:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had a 99 Burb but stuff kept going wrong so ended up with a new 08 LTZ. Overall great truck and I love to drive it. Average about 14mpg city (0.7-1 mpg less than onboard pc states) and around 10mpg towing my boat. In 3.5 months I have put over 5K miles on it. Personally, I think it looks awesome inside and out, and the materials seem top notch; except for one thing (and this is why I wanted to leave a review). In less than 4 months, my passenger side headlamp is already starting to cloud up. I live in TX and where I park it gets full sun from noon to dusk, but for a $50K vehicle, this is absolutely unacceptable!

Superior Suburban
By Mytwobuckaroos on 09/16/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my Yukon Xl for the Suburban. Overall, this is a great SUV. It looks stylish yet rugged and is very functional. The car is easy to drive and has a great turn radius. I feel very safe driving my kids around in this car. The new seat design is great. The driver's seat and passagner's seats are extremely comfortable. The lumbar support is superior. The front controls are easy to use and positioned very well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban in WA is:

$164 per month*