Very Disappointed!
By travkelli on
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I would check the forums on the Oil consumption of this vehicle before you ever buy one. We have to put in 4qts of oil in between oil changes of every 3k miles. Apparently there are hundreds of others that have been the same. Also had batterie life issues that was eventually worked out, but wasn't on the first attempt which was also frustrating. I will NEVER own a GM vehicle again.
Favorite Features
My first vehicle with heated seats, adjustable pedals and remote start, which is very convenient. However, remote start will not work if any dash lights are on, like your engine oil light that seems to come on way to often.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the oil consumption issue. Also, GM, not very many people agree that a qt/1000 miles is acceptable. Sounds like they don't want to fix the problem. Too many disappointed customers.
By snowlover
on 03/22/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

I now have owned a 2007 suburban LT for 3 years, I WILL only purchase surburban's and have for the past 20 years. Dahlstrom Motors. Every year the suburban gets better. I have never had an oil problem or any other problem with any suburban I have owned, except for normal service, oil changes, etc. and have never had any battery problems either. Very reliable I start the vehicle and go. Maybe we've just been lucky. The Suburban or a GMC yucon XL are the ONLY vehicles I will purchase. Could have something to do with where we purchase are vehicles, that carry very good quality used vehicles and their customer service is great, we have not found a dealership any better and prices are great, the customer service is outstanding. Oslo Motor, Oslo, Minnesota.