Pros and Cons at 50,000 miles
By Tim in Wisconsin on
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
1st, everyone is complaining about oil leaks. I can drive mine from WI to AR 850 miles in one day, and not be down a drop. I can drive mine to work and back, etc, and be down a qt at 5K miles. I believe that when there is no compression in the cylinders when I am in V-4 mode some trace amounts must be getting past the rings. No oil in tail pipe though, and pass emissions with flying colors. 2nd, my #3 cylinder had a hydraulic lifter collapse. I have the 327. This is what happens when major manufacturers subcontract their work. Dealer took care of it a-ok. No problems since. Third, every snow my "service 4WD" light comes on. Always goes out after night in garage. 18mpg at 60 mph, 16 at 70
Favorite Features
It's a suburban, not very much it can't do. That's why I bought it. I use Mobile 1, a K&N air filter, and nitrogen in tires. Thus the better than average MPG that has been rated, and still running on OEM tires. Really, it has done everything we've asked of it with only one repair.
Suggested Improvements
Don't by a OEM wireless DVD system. It can't block out FM signals, and not enough channels to switch to when getting interfered. More time in the wind tunnel. A bit noisy on the highway. Make 2nd row seats adjustable like in the Traverse. Seats too fat/thick? My '72 didn't have same problem.