A Real SUV with great safety!
By Leon on
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Z71 4WD that uses E85 consistently. I put a K&N air system, not just the filter into the engine and the performance increased remarkably. I use synthetic oil from first oil change and have not had the oil loss that others claim, but I do change my own oil. There have been several computer upgrades that this truck needs or else trans light come on for transfer case,etc.. Once this is taken care of have not had any problems. We use this for our long distance travel and I use it for heavy construction equipment repair offroad, sometimes WAY off road and it has always amazed me and others on scene with it ability to do what custom lifted vehicles can do in factory standard mode.
Favorite Features
Comfort in all driving situations on and offroad. I was run of the road at night by a drunk driver while doing 70mph and had to go down an embankment. I floored the gas pedal and steered where I wanted to go and this truck did miracles avoiding a rollover and returning me to the road safely.
Suggested Improvements
I know people who have had head on crashes with this truck and walked away! Make a model just for mileage for those who do not need any of the other characteristics that separate this from the car+ toys that some people seem to want.