2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Roomy, fresh, with many nice features
By GreggBoston on 11/05/06 19:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Decided to move up to a large SUV to accomodate our growing family and have been very pleased. We have an LT3 trim level vehicle with most of the options (sunroof, Nav radio, rear DVD, power liftgate, rear camera, heated seats) white with the tan interior. Rides and handles great on road, not much off road use yet. Front and 2nd row bench seats are reasonably comfortable. 3rd row is fair for adults, good for kids. Nav radio/ rear DVD system works well. Vehicle has some nice touches. For example, dome lamp override keeps the lights off to offload sleeping kids at night, the remote vehicle start during cold weather turns on the seat heaters. Exterior style nicer than it's Yukon XL cousin

Love my LTZ
By 2007 LTZ Suburban on 10/29/06 04:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My LTZ is the best riding car I have ever owned. It rides better than my 2000 Pathfinder and 2004 Murano. It handles like a car, or Murano, and really moves when you need it. I really like the gadgets. They keep me entertained and the kids. It is the first time I have been able to load 8 people, two families, in one car with all our stuff for a weekend outing. It made it so much more fun than two cars!

A Winner
By Katoomba on 10/28/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have the LTZ model. The build quality of this SUV is amazing, dead quite inside, no rattles or squeaks. Interior materials are outstanding, too. Steering is precise and direct and the brakes bite. The overall driving experience is that of an expensive German sedan. The engine sounds great when you floor the pedal and power is impressive at higher RPMs. Lower in the power band, though, torque is not overwhelming. A six speed transmission (apparently in the works) will certainly help. I don't know where they get those fantasy fuel economy numbers from! So far, suburban driving has yielded 11 and a trip to Maine with a loaded car 17.5 miles/gallon. Overall not bad for such a big SUV, though!

Suburban excellence
By Jeffery T LaBombard on 10/20/06 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Suburban that I've leased. Each one keeps getting better in terms of design, comfort, styling and performance. If it wasn't for teh Chevrolet emblem, you would think you were driving the Cadillac. I like the vehicle for its handling and performance. For a large vehicle, I find that it accelerates well for its size, and handles much like a sports car. The cargo space allows me to carry equipment for the various activities that I engage in, as well as having enough room and comfort for my passengers. Keep up the good work GM!!!!!

We love our "Burban"
By Joanne on 10/12/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We really like our '07 Suburban. We had a 2004 but decided to purchase the '07 for two reasons. As the mother, I wanted to get it because of the side curtain airbags and the backing up sensors and camera. My husband wanted to buy it because it is "sweet." We haven't had it long, but did lots of research and don't think we will regret it. We have black exterior, black leather so I'm not sure if we have any mismatched colors like the other reviews. I really wish GM would put moms on their beta team for future models.

All day, every day Chevy
By Tim on 10/12/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very few 2500 4WD 3/4 ton on west coast. Vehicle drives extremely well on wet pavement. Comfort is excellent, plenty of room in the back for food, kids etc. Compared with Tahoe, for the same price but with 3 extra feet of cargo space. XM satellite radio does not work on major roads where I live in Washington. Wish it came without wood grain finish, but only in LS models. Center console is a little confusing

Get Quads
By Brian Stokes on 10/01/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of little cabin noises. You feel every little bump in the road like a sports car. Front passengers sit like a compact thanks to the ever trendy (monster) center console, while the rear is like a school bus. 2nd bench seat is in an unconfortable,upright,fixed position (won't recline). 3rd seat is very difficult to acess. Every time you adjust the AC or turn the car off and on, the AC reycycle turns off. My '06 Silverado does the same thing. We live in Atlanta and use recycle because it cools much better and won't pull in cigarette and exhaust smoke in stop and go traffic.

Great Car, Great Deal
By Very Happy on 09/16/06 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 LT is a great vehicle. Solid, quiet, very comfortable to drive, all sorts of great bells and whistles. Have made several multi-hour drives on both highway and local roads and haven't gotten the normal long trip fatigue. Mileage is improving with each long trip. Love the interior finishes in the charcoal color.

Suburbans and mileage / ethenol gas
By Chuck Maricle on 09/15/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a 2000, 2003 and now 2007 Suburban. It's like a Harley and motorcycles, everything else is not a Suburban. Regarding mileage, in Houston we have Ethenol for 1/2 the year which kills mileage to 12 or so. When I can get non-ethenol gas, it goes up to almost 19+ highway.

We All Love Our 2007 Suburban
By MK on 08/25/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted this car forever. Heard they were changing the body style so we waited another year!! Glad we did. The truck handles great. The traction control really works. I was making a turn onto a wet just paved street and the truck started to spin. The traction control kicked in and set the truck straight! That is the best feature they could have added to a truck this size. The only complaint is I only get 12.5 miles to the gallon. How long does it take for the fuel management system to kick in? I only have 800 miles on it, maybe someone can let me know. Also, we have black leather and light tan looking headliner which looks weird. Other than that we love it, drives so smooth, and quiet!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.