Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

American truck
By Bob T.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck over a year ago, i could not resist. I had a an Avalanche before which I used for both construction and leisure made over 70,000 miles, and let me tell you I new I could depend on Chevy. After having a baby and with the anticipation for the new Chevy model I purchased Suburban and I would not change for anything else. The possibilities with this truck are endless. It's a safe, smooth ride, love the space.

I own the LTZ model, I like the new interior, second row captain chairs, plenty of legroom in the third row. The navigation system and dvd easy to use, and of course the new exterior you just can't get tired of. Every time I see it, its still a "wow".

For my model, I would suggest wood in the steering wheel, and the third row seat to fold flat in all models.

LUV out 07 3LT Suburban
By 01pewterz28

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We traded in out 05 Trailblazer EXT on this new 07 Suburban what a difference. I cannot get my wife out of the drivers seat she loves all of the features. Chevy did it's homework on this Suburban. A+++ is all that I can say. We get 2-3mpg more then her 05 TB. She loves he remote start, heated seats, power lift gate, power 2nd row seats. The room it's like a closet on wheels we can haul everything.

Heated seats, remote start, power lift gate, power 2nd row seats, rear seat entertainment, large sunroof, good mpg for a large SUV.

Offer a power 2nd row fold back down option.

The ultimate Cruising Machine
By aklug

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I tried to convince her to get a minivan but she insisted on this tank instead. I am glad she did. This vehicle is the ultimate for hauling a big family with lots of gear. It is more comfortable to drive and be a passenger in than any vehicle I could think of. To ride in one of the rear buckets is a pleasure, I only wish I could experience more often. It also gets reasonable fuel mileage on the highway for such a monster. (better than 20 mpg).

The second row heated buckets are the best thing about the vehicle and they fold and tumble out of the way in a flash.

I would go with the 6.0L v8 next time to get some pep in the motor. the std v-8 is adequate but thats about it.

$45K Bomb
By kevin Drahozal

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a mistake. The fob hasn't worked correctly since we purchased it – seats move, windshield washer operates un- expectantly, lift-gate opens when the remote start key is pushed... Worst yet, the engine ‘seized’ at 15K miles. GM replaced the engine under warranty but has done nothing to assured us that we haven’t got a lemon. In fact they have just about convinced us we do! Now we have a lag between when the accelerator is pushed and the vehicle moves, which we’ve been told is ‘normal’ or ‘within tolerance’. Going Japanese for our next vehicle.

Comfortable seats and leg room

Go back to steel bumpers, this is a truck! Forget the sunroof it takes up too much space.

Could use some improvements.
By KBJ

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 1500 LTZ 2 months ago. Love this vehicle, however, there are a few recommendations: auto up windows, more storage spaces, 3rd row does not fold flat, the active fuel management only goes into 4 cylinder mode when going downhill or on decel. (My Honda Odyssey will cruise at 83 mph in 3 cylinders!) With active fuel management, my economy is no better than with my 03 Suburban without it. What's up with that? Navigation does not seem to be accurate. My Honda also is better with this. I do love the looks, styling, comfort, OnStar, DVD system except not being able to listen to a CD when kids are watching a movie. Turning radius is greatly improved over older models.

Full functioning seats with heat and lumbar, turning radius, OnStar, XM radio, remote start, power folding mirrors, power liftgate. Parking assist feature. Power sunroof.

Better fuel economy! Is not any better than my 94, 99, or 03. All were about the same. Auto up windows and more storage compartments, place to keep the headphones. Tray to divide to cavernous center console. Better navigation system. Ability to dim rearview camera without dimming guages.