2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Best Suburban Ever
By Burbman on 01/07/07 20:02 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Second Suburban I've owned. Previous one was 3/4ton 4x4. The 2007 is absolutely incredible. How they make that solid of a ride so smooth I don't know. The new body design looks so much sleeker, less boxy and biggish. Couldn't talk the wife into it initially ("it's too big"). But now she wants me to drive the Maxima and her the Suburban. Now she's saying, "It's so easy to drive." Of the big SUV's this is definitely the boss!

GM got it right
By LG on 12/26/06 15:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the redesign. I love the ride. Decided on Chevy versus the Sequoia and am glad I did.

Almost Perfect
By PAUL DITCHOFF on 12/17/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a longtime Suburban fan and agree with all the good stuff said in other reviews. However my Suburbans have always been business multi- use. Suburban cargo handling has always been great until now. With the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row upright, there are almost no flat surfaces, just bumps and dips. Floor distance only 7ft 6in. Door will not close on occassional plywood runs. Also not happy that I had to special order 2wd. No 2wd delivered north of Kentucky. Go to any lot in MI. All 4wd with sunroofs. Adds $3000. Ordered Suburban Sept 28. Built in Mexico(argh) Nov 15. Delivered Dec 12. That's 75 days. That's ridiculous.

Love it!
By Sevillano on 12/11/06 16:39 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love our new Suburban! This is our first foray into the SUV market. Absolutely no regrets. Space, safety features, and every possible gadget is what sold us. LT3 with almost everything. Test drove an Eddie Bauer Expedition, but didn't live up to the Suburban as far as we were concerned. The miles per gallon are better than we expected, but don't think that means it has good mpg. It just makes you aware of having a "lead foot".

This is the real thing
By greg on 12/07/06 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the 2007 Suburban. It's the best SUV for pulling a big trailer, camper, or anything you might want to pull. The ride is nice and very smooth. You need to drive one to see what I mean.

New Convert
By bss123 on 12/04/06 23:14 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving luxury cars for years. Wife has a Land Rover, after having a 2001 Denali. This is a great vehicle, I have gone from a Mercedes and Ford Powerstroke to one vehicle, and it fits the bill.

Why did I wait so long to buy it?
By anthonyelectric on 11/29/06 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Suburban. I can’t believe I waited so long to buy it. It handles towing the boat with no problem. I can’t wait to take it to Mammoth for a little fun in the snow.

Should have went to Toyota
By charles schell on 11/25/06 05:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is great, but if you demand a smooth ride, don't go over 70mph. Steering feels like you need a good tire balance. They put new tires on after 500 miles and had to force balance just to get it within specs. I feel like I got a lemon. I hate sitting at long red lights. It feels like at idle that it's missing a plug wire. Junk.

'07 Design Disappointments
By Dave on 11/24/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Suburban. My '01 was a quantum improvement over my '95. The '07 dropped the dual visors, and several small storage areas, no lock on console. Headliner, visors, and plastic trim finish looks cheaper to me. GPS has poor software and database. ie, 3-D view of map is only map display option and street level data is limited even in urban areas. Buy a Garmin C330. Get better performance and save big dollars. It takes forever for the screens to change on the display. On the positive side I have had no rattles or other problems since delivery. Would be great performance wise with a diesel. GM's design concept was on the right track, but too many compromises to save on build cost.

Suburban - There's no substitute
By avusblue on 11/13/06 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A big upgrade! The new body style has four main areas of significant improvement: Interior quality: New interior is night and day improvement. Appearance, design, fit and finish, and quality and touch of the materials are all vastly better. Quietness: While the previous vehicle was quiet, now it is absolutely silent while cruising. But when you “step on it” hard, the V8 burble becomes audible and sounds great. Well done GM. Steering and handling: The new steering is noticeably more precise, “tight” and controllable. No wallow or float. The new Suburban drives like it’s half its size and weight. Brakes: Firmer pedal feel, more confident and effective braking.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.