Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

2007 Suburban 2WD 100 LT vortex 5.3L fle
By Mweb

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a new Cadillac, but fell in love with 2007 Suburban. It drives and rides better. My 1992 has 210,000 miles and still does not use a quart oil between changes. So far my new one is great. I average 16 miles in town and that's better than my friend's Highlander's 15. For me and my needs our Suburban is great. It's funny all my friends drive small imports, but they aways want me to drive. My taste, guess I am use to my 1992,

Favorite Features

The quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

The steering is too sensitive for me.

Oil Consuming 2007 Suburban LT
By disgruntled owner

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

17K, add engine oil light came on. Noted to be 2 qts low. Thought this was odd since too new for this to occur. 22K, light came on again. Dealer stated "not uncommon to burn thru a quart or 2 in the break in period. Funny. Light has come on at least 8 times. Burned thru 12+ qts in the past 10K. Dealer has done pressure test, die test (although they never finalized procedure as they claimed they did), checked valve springs for knicks (according to TSB). No oil coming out of tailpipe and no leaks what so ever. Dealer keeps telling me to put on more miles. No resolution to date. I'm done! Have seen others with same problem on the web. Do not recommend this vehicle & MPG stinks

Favorite Features

I love the interior design, the exterior design (very snazzy front end), redesigned brake system (stops on a dime), and love the "car like" ride. This is my 3rd Burb and all new school stuff. On board computer system is nice too. (Too bad the motor is garbage!)

Suggested Improvements

Build motors that work right. Battery died in less than 1 yr. Lighter covers stink, had 2 replaced already!

Bought it to keep it for 10-15 years
By Timmy T.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got rid of '05 Freestar - excellent mini van - because of whoops baby. Plane Jane, 5.3L, 3 cloth bench seats, rear air, after marked twin DVD system, sindle CD.15K miles down and not one problem. I can get 18 to 20mpg - and not a pinch more - by driving with my big toe. Wife gets 16 to 18mpg w/her 80lb foot. Not so good mpg on E85, as advertised, but performance does not suffer. Has been through four seasons, and the '07 winter in WI was rough, and did everything I asked of it. Rides great, stops great, doesn't sway in corners too much, (c'mon it's a biggie.) Fit / finish is great. Easy to work on for the do-it-yourself-er oil changer, but would change location angle of drain plug.

Favorite Features

Love the cruise / audio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have in dash, hands free cell phone option that is more affordable than OnStar option. And, really, change the oil drain plug locatiion/angle. It shoots straight out the side as oppossed to down at any angle at all.

Reliability on Suburban LTZ
By Prof Slim

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck but way too many serious issues in two years. SW issue that causes battery to drain, when the battery drains with this particular issue then call a flat-bed. Front right axle seal leak (can't be truly fixed as this is a design issue...just keep replacing the same gasket every time it starts leaking!) 4-wheel driver failure. Front transfer case bearing failure...special order for parts required. Rear plastic bumper loses 'shape' on the bottom within one year...looks very cheap. Very frustrating.

Favorite Features

Looks. Cargo space. MPG is pretty good (19+ highway)

Suggested Improvements

Get serious about engineering and testing for quality. If you want American vehicles to be taken serious again then take a lesson out of Harley Davidson's book on quality control and design excellence.

American truck
By Bob T.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck over a year ago, i could not resist. I had a an Avalanche before which I used for both construction and leisure made over 70,000 miles, and let me tell you I new I could depend on Chevy. After having a baby and with the anticipation for the new Chevy model I purchased Suburban and I would not change for anything else. The possibilities with this truck are endless. It's a safe, smooth ride, love the space.

Favorite Features

I own the LTZ model, I like the new interior, second row captain chairs, plenty of legroom in the third row. The navigation system and dvd easy to use, and of course the new exterior you just can't get tired of. Every time I see it, its still a "wow".

Suggested Improvements

For my model, I would suggest wood in the steering wheel, and the third row seat to fold flat in all models.