Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I wish it would work!
By Becky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got this car in anticipation of our 3rd child. I love the design and drive of this car but I have a problem with the oil. The low oil light has come on frequently causing a rebuild of the valves and a baffle replacement. I also had a drain on the battery that left my mom stranded unable to get to my daughter at school in time. Now I am told the oil problem is a problem with this model and will need a complimentary top off when it comes on. UGGG. The car isn't even 3 years old yet.

Favorite Features

The interior is great for the kids to get in and out of. The exterior is a great design as well. The back up camera is great and I like the onstar feature. We have the LTZ with all of the bells and whistles which I really like. The auto start is great to get the car warm or cold for the kids.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control of the engine. The car drives so nice, it's a shame it isn't more reliable. It is a real pain to haul car seats in and out of loaner cars every other month while the car is in the shop.

Nice SUV but not "Built like a Rock"
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV when we purchased it it was much more expensive than they are today. The truck is used for both work and play. The truck has served us well but it has had many service issues from the trans going out to the DVD/ CD player that stopped working at 38K. Please keep in mind it had maybe played 20CD's and 10 movies in its life. GM has been poor when it comes to standing behind this SUV. After over 30 GM cars in my life this for me is the last one my wife will only drive GM so I will have one in my garage. In the end this is a very expensive car to maintain out of warranty.

Favorite Features

seats and body style best looking SUV on the road

Suggested Improvements

More towing capacity only 7K that is a Joke. Stronger trans put the 6 spd allison in this truck! Add a diesel to the engine options. Compartments in the floor in the back for storage. Make the back seats fold into the floor. Forget the ground clearance the spoiler in the front just clears a curb.

Great in Switzerland
By Franky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With a big family & dog lack of space is not an issue, anymore. Our Suburban has been successfully tested in one of the fiercest winters (08/09) on European roads. Also very popular in Europe: FlexFuel E85 works perfectly.

Favorite Features

LTZ-model has everything you need. Kids are having a blast with entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

Suburban should be available as Hybrid: as Switzerland is much against SUVs, this would help the image. Further, GM should refrain from it's stupid policy not to support a European navigation system: just release those codes!!! I just hope GM doesn't go bankrupt before!

Love Hate Relationship
By Shalom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a beautiful car but within the 2 years we've had this, we have had to take it in to the dealership 10+ times for various issues (key fob, 4wd going out, 7th cylinder went out, etc). Each time one thing is fixed, something else goes out and we're left with no car. We bought it brand new no less. I have read more good than bad reviews, so I think we just bought a Monday/Friday car. If it weren't for the issues that keep cropping up, I adore this car. It's gorgeous, cushy, and compared to the Ford SUV's that cost 5k more, you get tons more features. Hopefully GM can figure out how to avoid these problems with current/future Suburbans.

Favorite Features

Rides smooth, moon roof, DVD for the kids, roomy interior, handsome body, overall a fabulous looking car with gorgeous/stylish features.

Suggested Improvements

The only latches in the middle row are in the middle and in the seat you fold down for 3rd row access (makes perfect sense!). Also, the captains chairs are in the back which I wish was the other way around-bench in back, captains chairs in middle, and no plastic bumpers!

How Sad
By Bob G.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is such a nice truck. It's a shame that the value of the vehicle drops like a lead balloon. My MSRP was $56000. It's now worth 27K on trade. Less than half in a year and half. Should have bought a Lexus. With what I've lost on this one I could buy the Lexus. Why is it American cars lose their value so fast compared to the imports. The leather feels like pleather not a soft type material. How sad that the Big 3 need a bailout. Maybe we should stop building these vehicles and leave it up to the foreign car market. How sad! If you are thinking of these be ready to take the big hit on resale value.

Favorite Features

Cant really think of anything outstanding. My wife wanted the vehicle. You all know how that is.

Suggested Improvements

Better resale value