2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
GM Got It Right
By Bob on 04/12/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 3LT with a few extras. Much quieter and better riding than the '02, no problems to report. Rear park assist is great. Braking and handling much improved, feels safer at high speeds. Stock Goodyear tires lousy, replaced with Firestone Destination L/E. Where did the rear cargo net go? Gas mileage 11 city 16 highway- still breaking in.

Great Purchase!
By Steven on 03/09/07 05:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck as a secondary SUV to my wife’s LX470. Although not quite as refined as my wife’s Lexus, the Suburban is not that far behind. It drives great, has tons of room (way more than the Lexus), looks great (I love the ’07 redesign), and gets far better gas mileage than the Lexus while providing more power. Also, when comparing to the Denali/ESV, I found the Suburban to be a far better value with very comparable features – the horsepower difference does not seem that noticeable in everyday driving, and the low gear is important to me as I will be driving at times in deep snow in VT. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a full-size SUV.

Are you kidding me!
By Kevin Moore on 03/08/07 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would have given the Suburban good marks for some of the design features but I wanted to get everyone's attention. Donot buy this vehicle if you drive in snow. We hit a minor snow drift and are now out over $900 for front bumper repairs. After extensive time on the phone with GM, they were unwilling to stand behind the vehicle. They said it was caused by environmental issues. The environment they are talking about is the reason we have a 4x4. Now when it snows, we can't leave the house until the road is plowed. I don't have any idea what we're going to do when it snows while we're away. Based on GM's unwillingness to stand behind the design, this is the last GM vehicle I'll ever buy

Great Vehicle
By LTZ on 03/03/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LTZ - excellent all the way around. Great looks for a large SUV. Gadgets are great. Excellent layout and space. Kids love it. Gas mileage not bad for a large SUV.

Update of Prior Review
By Katoomba on 02/22/07 11:59 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Here are two updates: First, I never get better than 12/15 miles per gallon city/highway. Second and more importantly, I found the first flaw on this truck. After not being able to start the truck twice because of a run- down battery, I learned from a Chevy dealer that, because of all the lights and electric accessories in the LTZ version, you need to drive 30 minutes to recharge the battery. Mind you, this is not an issue of running accessories with the engine off. This is getting in and out of the truck and perhaps opening and closing the electric rear gate before taking your five minute drive to and from the train station every weekday. After a while the battery is dead.

Best Yet
By Texas on 02/16/07 05:44 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Third Suburban I've had, best yet for ride and comfort. Still would like to have cargo doors back and the red exterior color offerered is really maroon. What were they thinking when they shortened the cargo length to less than 8 ft?

LTZ - Best Ever "Burb"
By 3C on 02/13/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had 3 Suburbans in the past along with Toyota Sequoia. This beats it hands down! Great ride, great interior, great exterior look. Cudos for GM! A great American car company!

LTZ and towing
By rdalcanto on 02/12/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the Suburban because we needed a family vehicle that can tow 5,000lb boat/trailer. We love the car except for two things. Fuel mileage has been much less than advertised. Our city driving doesn't have too much stop and go. Highways run fast. We still average only 13.7mpg. Part of the problem is we live on a hill, and as soon as you have to climb, it drinks fuel like crazy. We also have to tow the boat over a mountain pass. Friends with diesel pickups can tow a similar boat at 80mph without breaking a sweat. On the steep parts of the climb, we can't go more than 55 because the car has to downshift. Perhaps we should have gone with the 6L engine. Diesel Suburban please!

Suburban Rocks!
By suburban on 01/19/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban beats the Excursion by far including comfort, fuel economy, and most important, style.

Oh yes!
By Vermonter on 01/19/07 16:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Trunk well put together. Tight and quiet. Fuel mileage is as expected for mountainous region,16.8mpg. Radio volume is a bit weak when trying to crack up to a good XM radio song. Overall, very content with this vehicle. BTW, I moved from an Diesel Excursion to this "Burban"

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.