Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

What a change from 2003
By PElliott

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Suburban which I loved. I can't believe the changes! I thought I was already driving a nice ride, but Chevy has out done themselves. It is much roomier, rides like a dream and handles great. I was amazed with the turning radius. I was able to make a U-turn on a divided 2 lane street without clipping the curb. I love the 8/4 5.3L engine. I am averaging 22 mpg. I will admit most of my drive is commute (65 mph). The 2 third row seats nicely fold up against the second row with ease. In this configuration I carried a four tier wedding cake (separated), two large cube ice chest, three suitcases, 6 12 can cases of soda and several loose clothing bags with room left over.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, redesigned console/dash and the quiet ride. Feels tighter with a better finish. It is a gentle giant among other large vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

Crossbars for the roof rack should be standard equipment Drivers console should be a closed compartment with a lid like the older models.

Lemon
By Brad

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission is junk. 4,000 miles after warranty expired the transmission failed. Searches on the internet produced many hits with the same issue. It seems Chevy knows this is an issue and has failed to do anything about it. Sad that a vehicle that costs over $50k can fail after only 40k miles... This is my second Suburban to have the same problem. Definitely buying an import next time. Americans cannot build cars.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior

Suggested Improvements

fix the tranny issues

My Dream Vehicle
By queeneene

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I can't remember if it's LT or LS. It's in the shop right now for the a/c- heat issues I've had with it since I bought it used a year ago. I have 3 kids and 2Lg dogs, it was excellent for driving from Alaska to La. last summer besides the heat going out while we were in the mts and a/c not working once we got in the southern states. Ar. dealership changed a part $250, Mechanic here changed parts twice $800+, Dealership here is trying to charge me $2,000 to replace half the a/c :( The shocks make it ride like a Cadillac. Flex fuel doesn't seem to make that big a difference. It does guzzle oil. The captains chairs in the center would be ideal in all of these large SUV's and make my job easier.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Smooth ride, Space, Large engine

Suggested Improvements

Captains Chairs standard in center row, Fold flat 3rd row, Better oil efficiency?, a/c-heat issues fixed(on mine) :)Better Gas mileage.

A Real SUV with great safety!
By Leon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Z71 4WD that uses E85 consistently. I put a K&N air system, not just the filter into the engine and the performance increased remarkably. I use synthetic oil from first oil change and have not had the oil loss that others claim, but I do change my own oil. There have been several computer upgrades that this truck needs or else trans light come on for transfer case,etc.. Once this is taken care of have not had any problems. We use this for our long distance travel and I use it for heavy construction equipment repair offroad, sometimes WAY off road and it has always amazed me and others on scene with it ability to do what custom lifted vehicles can do in factory standard mode.

Favorite Features

Comfort in all driving situations on and offroad. I was run of the road at night by a drunk driver while doing 70mph and had to go down an embankment. I floored the gas pedal and steered where I wanted to go and this truck did miracles avoiding a rollover and returning me to the road safely.

Suggested Improvements

I know people who have had head on crashes with this truck and walked away! Make a model just for mileage for those who do not need any of the other characteristics that separate this from the car+ toys that some people seem to want.

Wish it were mine
By Larry

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wife traded in her 2005 Tahoe for this truck, it has been great. A couple of minor problems - knob on rear control fell off and piece of plastic in storage area broke, but besides that no problems. Have seen the dreaded "low oil" light once, brought it in. It is currently burning 1 pint of oil every 3K miles, so I hope it does not get worse - dealer said this was common...

Favorite Features

DVD player, XM Radio, heated seats, rear buckets - easy access to third row seats.

Suggested Improvements

mileage - even with fuel management still struggle to get over 18mpg on highways...