2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
'07 2500 LT Update
By Dave on 06/06/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the '07 Burb for 7 months now. It is my 3rd Suburban. If you need to tow forget the 2500. The hitch height is 23" vs the previous 15" and is a pain to set up. It is clear that the new Burb was designed for the ladies and the 2500 should have been dropped. The factory NAV system is so limited that I use my Garmin portable and shut it off. GM was obsessed with form and style rather than function on the 07 2500. The 6.0 engine is whimpy for a serious tow vehicle. I'd sell today if I wouldn't lose my behind on the deal. I only have 6K on the odometer rather than the 12K to 14K I put on my previous Burbs in the same time.

Pretty darn good for an American truck
By yarom on 06/01/07 16:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Moved to this LTZ vehicle after 3 successive 7 series BMWs. It is day and night but it is also a pretty positive surprise. This truck drives well, has plenty of power and the luxury features (NAV, DVD, power everything) do work properly. It actually looks quite good externally and other than the gas mileage and lousy sound system (Bose premium), I have no bad thing to say about it so far. Hauling capacity is astounding.

Love my new Suburban
By mkjenkins on 05/29/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just purchased a 2007 Burb LTZ 4X4. Love the car! We were looking at the Ford Expedition EL, but once we drove the 'Burb, we could not go back to the Ford. The interior is so much more comfortable and logical. The Ford seemed forced. The Ford does have the better rear seats, when folded down, but we decided that we would rather be happy the other 95% of the time when we are just driving as a family.

It's OK
By birdman on 05/29/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is real nice, but it is a Chevy and everything you have read about Chevy turning its products around is wrong. Now it is better than the '06 model. but still does not come close to the Japenese. I have the sunroof and it rattles like crazy. I took it back to the dealership and was told nothing wrong and I would have to deal with it. So I have $45k rattle trap. The interior is very nice, plenty of room. I guess it's about preference. I looked at the Toyota Sequoia and the Chevy does have a better interior and more room. But the quality is still not there like Toyota. It's all about what you want, but don't be fooled, it's still a Chevy.

Latch Car Seats
By Brian M on 05/26/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Only bad thing I can say is, "Why aren't there latch seats on the drivers side on the 2nd row bench?". Otherwise great. Replacing our 2003 Sequoia. Hope it proves as reliable.

King of the Road
By DGG on 05/21/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What an unbelievable machine. I went with the Z71 package to get the two- tone seats and dashboard look. Very nice! Equipped with all the toys. GM has hit a home run with this redesign. The ride is much improved and the new styling puts in the class of other luxury SUV's, but with more performance and features for the money. If you're looking for plenty of room, power, features, and comfort but without the pretentiousness of the Escalade, Navigator, or LX470, this is the perfect choice. My son and his baseball teammates loved it travelling to this past weekend's tourney!

Wind noise when towing - under powered
By handyman on 05/13/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2007 2500 6.0 Suburban to replace my previous 8.1. The 6.0 is way underpowered and gets about 1.5 mpg less than the 8.1 during normal driving and .5 to 1.0 less when towing. The worst part is the wind noise when towing. I had it "fixed" with a new engineering upgrade to the weather-stipping and flip gate glass and it still is really bad. The GM engineers said that this is a good as it gets and that since the noise is only during towing that's the current fix. Good answer for a $50K vehicle! If you tow, beware.This truck is severely underpowered and the wind noise will drive you crazy.

Best Vehicle on the Planet
By Jim from Ohio on 05/09/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Spent a fair amount of time researching new vehicles and came to only one conclusion - 2007 Suburban. No regrets or second thoughts. This is by far the smoothest vehicle on the market, truck or car. GM leaps ahead of the competition in build quality and creature comforts. This is a machine you have to drive to appreciate.

Good Vehicle
By scheurin on 04/27/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Since our purchase of the '07 'burb early this year we are more than satisfied. The Suburban has lots of space, a smooth ride and a really good looking dash. Fuel mileage is great even topping the advertized 15 city and 20 highway. Parking brakes were not set up correctly - they had to be fixed. Bulb changes are a horror. These issues are minor. There were no rattles so far and we love to feel safe in this vehicle.

Just do it! You won't be sorry.
By z714x4dude on 04/21/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, after months and months of research we did it. 2007 LTZ 4x4. Best quality in years. GM got this one right. Mileage is very good for this burb. 15/20. I have been getting 17 mixed to work and can't wait to take it on a long trip. I'm sure we will hit 20+. I know others with much smaller SUV's that don't get as good milage and we have much more room! You know who you are. Nav is great, Smooth ride, lots of room, easy to drive. We didn't get a 'burb last time and wish we had. Do your homework you will buy one too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.