2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Nice SUV but not "Built like a Rock"
By Tom on 04/04/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV when we purchased it it was much more expensive than they are today. The truck is used for both work and play. The truck has served us well but it has had many service issues from the trans going out to the DVD/ CD player that stopped working at 38K. Please keep in mind it had maybe played 20CD's and 10 movies in its life. GM has been poor when it comes to standing behind this SUV. After over 30 GM cars in my life this for me is the last one my wife will only drive GM so I will have one in my garage. In the end this is a very expensive car to maintain out of warranty.

Great in Switzerland
By Franky on 02/16/09 13:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With a big family & dog lack of space is not an issue, anymore. Our Suburban has been successfully tested in one of the fiercest winters (08/09) on European roads. Also very popular in Europe: FlexFuel E85 works perfectly.

Love Hate Relationship
By Shalom on 02/13/09 16:27 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a beautiful car but within the 2 years we've had this, we have had to take it in to the dealership 10+ times for various issues (key fob, 4wd going out, 7th cylinder went out, etc). Each time one thing is fixed, something else goes out and we're left with no car. We bought it brand new no less. I have read more good than bad reviews, so I think we just bought a Monday/Friday car. If it weren't for the issues that keep cropping up, I adore this car. It's gorgeous, cushy, and compared to the Ford SUV's that cost 5k more, you get tons more features. Hopefully GM can figure out how to avoid these problems with current/future Suburbans.

How Sad
By Bob G. on 12/19/08 04:50 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is such a nice truck. It's a shame that the value of the vehicle drops like a lead balloon. My MSRP was $56000. It's now worth 27K on trade. Less than half in a year and half. Should have bought a Lexus. With what I've lost on this one I could buy the Lexus. Why is it American cars lose their value so fast compared to the imports. The leather feels like pleather not a soft type material. How sad that the Big 3 need a bailout. Maybe we should stop building these vehicles and leave it up to the foreign car market. How sad! If you are thinking of these be ready to take the big hit on resale value.

Great job Chevrolet
By eddie on 09/21/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our first Suburban and my wife and I are impressed. This is a beautiful, sharp looking vehicle, I have 4 kids and they love it. They are happy, wife is happy, we are all comfortable. Have taken on long trips and at one point I had 11 people in the vehicle. My sister that owns a Hummer now wants a Suburban because it is practical, reliable, is gorgeous and comfortable

2007 Suburban 2WD 100 LT vortex 5.3L fle
By Mweb on 08/02/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a new Cadillac, but fell in love with 2007 Suburban. It drives and rides better. My 1992 has 210,000 miles and still does not use a quart oil between changes. So far my new one is great. I average 16 miles in town and that's better than my friend's Highlander's 15. For me and my needs our Suburban is great. It's funny all my friends drive small imports, but they aways want me to drive. My taste, guess I am use to my 1992,

Oil Consuming 2007 Suburban LT
By disgruntled owner on 07/31/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

17K, add engine oil light came on. Noted to be 2 qts low. Thought this was odd since too new for this to occur. 22K, light came on again. Dealer stated "not uncommon to burn thru a quart or 2 in the break in period. Funny. Light has come on at least 8 times. Burned thru 12+ qts in the past 10K. Dealer has done pressure test, die test (although they never finalized procedure as they claimed they did), checked valve springs for knicks (according to TSB). No oil coming out of tailpipe and no leaks what so ever. Dealer keeps telling me to put on more miles. No resolution to date. I'm done! Have seen others with same problem on the web. Do not recommend this vehicle & MPG stinks

Bought it to keep it for 10-15 years
By Timmy T. on 07/29/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got rid of '05 Freestar - excellent mini van - because of whoops baby. Plane Jane, 5.3L, 3 cloth bench seats, rear air, after marked twin DVD system, sindle CD.15K miles down and not one problem. I can get 18 to 20mpg - and not a pinch more - by driving with my big toe. Wife gets 16 to 18mpg w/her 80lb foot. Not so good mpg on E85, as advertised, but performance does not suffer. Has been through four seasons, and the '07 winter in WI was rough, and did everything I asked of it. Rides great, stops great, doesn't sway in corners too much, (c'mon it's a biggie.) Fit / finish is great. Easy to work on for the do-it-yourself-er oil changer, but would change location angle of drain plug.

Reliability on Suburban LTZ
By Prof Slim on 07/24/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck but way too many serious issues in two years. SW issue that causes battery to drain, when the battery drains with this particular issue then call a flat-bed. Front right axle seal leak (can't be truly fixed as this is a design issue...just keep replacing the same gasket every time it starts leaking!) 4-wheel driver failure. Front transfer case bearing failure...special order for parts required. Rear plastic bumper loses 'shape' on the bottom within one year...looks very cheap. Very frustrating.

American truck
By Bob T. on 02/12/08 16:29 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck over a year ago, i could not resist. I had a an Avalanche before which I used for both construction and leisure made over 70,000 miles, and let me tell you I new I could depend on Chevy. After having a baby and with the anticipation for the new Chevy model I purchased Suburban and I would not change for anything else. The possibilities with this truck are endless. It's a safe, smooth ride, love the space.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.