2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2007 Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Sort Reviews by

Nice SUV but not "Built like a Rock"
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV when we purchased it it was much more expensive than they are today. The truck is used for both work and play. The truck has served us well but it has had many service issues from the trans going out to the DVD/ CD player that stopped working at 38K. Please keep in mind it had maybe played 20CD's and 10 movies in its life. GM has been poor when it comes to standing behind this SUV. After over 30 GM cars in my life this for me is the last one my wife will only drive GM so I will have one in my garage. In the end this is a very expensive car to maintain out of warranty.

Favorite Features

seats and body style best looking SUV on the road

Suggested Improvements

More towing capacity only 7K that is a Joke. Stronger trans put the 6 spd allison in this truck! Add a diesel to the engine options. Compartments in the floor in the back for storage. Make the back seats fold into the floor. Forget the ground clearance the spoiler in the front just clears a curb.

Great in Switzerland
By Franky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With a big family & dog lack of space is not an issue, anymore. Our Suburban has been successfully tested in one of the fiercest winters (08/09) on European roads. Also very popular in Europe: FlexFuel E85 works perfectly.

Favorite Features

LTZ-model has everything you need. Kids are having a blast with entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

Suburban should be available as Hybrid: as Switzerland is much against SUVs, this would help the image. Further, GM should refrain from it's stupid policy not to support a European navigation system: just release those codes!!! I just hope GM doesn't go bankrupt before!

Love Hate Relationship
By Shalom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a beautiful car but within the 2 years we've had this, we have had to take it in to the dealership 10+ times for various issues (key fob, 4wd going out, 7th cylinder went out, etc). Each time one thing is fixed, something else goes out and we're left with no car. We bought it brand new no less. I have read more good than bad reviews, so I think we just bought a Monday/Friday car. If it weren't for the issues that keep cropping up, I adore this car. It's gorgeous, cushy, and compared to the Ford SUV's that cost 5k more, you get tons more features. Hopefully GM can figure out how to avoid these problems with current/future Suburbans.

Favorite Features

Rides smooth, moon roof, DVD for the kids, roomy interior, handsome body, overall a fabulous looking car with gorgeous/stylish features.

Suggested Improvements

The only latches in the middle row are in the middle and in the seat you fold down for 3rd row access (makes perfect sense!). Also, the captains chairs are in the back which I wish was the other way around-bench in back, captains chairs in middle, and no plastic bumpers!

How Sad
By Bob G.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is such a nice truck. It's a shame that the value of the vehicle drops like a lead balloon. My MSRP was $56000. It's now worth 27K on trade. Less than half in a year and half. Should have bought a Lexus. With what I've lost on this one I could buy the Lexus. Why is it American cars lose their value so fast compared to the imports. The leather feels like pleather not a soft type material. How sad that the Big 3 need a bailout. Maybe we should stop building these vehicles and leave it up to the foreign car market. How sad! If you are thinking of these be ready to take the big hit on resale value.

Favorite Features

Cant really think of anything outstanding. My wife wanted the vehicle. You all know how that is.

Suggested Improvements

Better resale value

Great job Chevrolet
By eddie

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our first Suburban and my wife and I are impressed. This is a beautiful, sharp looking vehicle, I have 4 kids and they love it. They are happy, wife is happy, we are all comfortable. Have taken on long trips and at one point I had 11 people in the vehicle. My sister that owns a Hummer now wants a Suburban because it is practical, reliable, is gorgeous and comfortable

Favorite Features

Roomy, cargo area, looks, gas is not so bad considering it is a large. We average a tank of gas every 4 weeks in city driving, impressive!

Suggested Improvements

1/4 split fold down seat also on the left side

2007 Suburban 2WD 100 LT vortex 5.3L fle
By Mweb

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a new Cadillac, but fell in love with 2007 Suburban. It drives and rides better. My 1992 has 210,000 miles and still does not use a quart oil between changes. So far my new one is great. I average 16 miles in town and that's better than my friend's Highlander's 15. For me and my needs our Suburban is great. It's funny all my friends drive small imports, but they aways want me to drive. My taste, guess I am use to my 1992,

Favorite Features

The quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

The steering is too sensitive for me.

Oil Consuming 2007 Suburban LT
By disgruntled owner

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

17K, add engine oil light came on. Noted to be 2 qts low. Thought this was odd since too new for this to occur. 22K, light came on again. Dealer stated "not uncommon to burn thru a quart or 2 in the break in period. Funny. Light has come on at least 8 times. Burned thru 12+ qts in the past 10K. Dealer has done pressure test, die test (although they never finalized procedure as they claimed they did), checked valve springs for knicks (according to TSB). No oil coming out of tailpipe and no leaks what so ever. Dealer keeps telling me to put on more miles. No resolution to date. I'm done! Have seen others with same problem on the web. Do not recommend this vehicle & MPG stinks

Favorite Features

I love the interior design, the exterior design (very snazzy front end), redesigned brake system (stops on a dime), and love the "car like" ride. This is my 3rd Burb and all new school stuff. On board computer system is nice too. (Too bad the motor is garbage!)

Suggested Improvements

Build motors that work right. Battery died in less than 1 yr. Lighter covers stink, had 2 replaced already!

Bought it to keep it for 10-15 years
By Timmy T.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got rid of '05 Freestar - excellent mini van - because of whoops baby. Plane Jane, 5.3L, 3 cloth bench seats, rear air, after marked twin DVD system, sindle CD.15K miles down and not one problem. I can get 18 to 20mpg - and not a pinch more - by driving with my big toe. Wife gets 16 to 18mpg w/her 80lb foot. Not so good mpg on E85, as advertised, but performance does not suffer. Has been through four seasons, and the '07 winter in WI was rough, and did everything I asked of it. Rides great, stops great, doesn't sway in corners too much, (c'mon it's a biggie.) Fit / finish is great. Easy to work on for the do-it-yourself-er oil changer, but would change location angle of drain plug.

Favorite Features

Love the cruise / audio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have in dash, hands free cell phone option that is more affordable than OnStar option. And, really, change the oil drain plug locatiion/angle. It shoots straight out the side as oppossed to down at any angle at all.

Reliability on Suburban LTZ
By Prof Slim

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck but way too many serious issues in two years. SW issue that causes battery to drain, when the battery drains with this particular issue then call a flat-bed. Front right axle seal leak (can't be truly fixed as this is a design issue...just keep replacing the same gasket every time it starts leaking!) 4-wheel driver failure. Front transfer case bearing failure...special order for parts required. Rear plastic bumper loses 'shape' on the bottom within one year...looks very cheap. Very frustrating.

Favorite Features

Looks. Cargo space. MPG is pretty good (19+ highway)

Suggested Improvements

Get serious about engineering and testing for quality. If you want American vehicles to be taken serious again then take a lesson out of Harley Davidson's book on quality control and design excellence.

American truck
By Bob T.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck over a year ago, i could not resist. I had a an Avalanche before which I used for both construction and leisure made over 70,000 miles, and let me tell you I new I could depend on Chevy. After having a baby and with the anticipation for the new Chevy model I purchased Suburban and I would not change for anything else. The possibilities with this truck are endless. It's a safe, smooth ride, love the space.

Favorite Features

I own the LTZ model, I like the new interior, second row captain chairs, plenty of legroom in the third row. The navigation system and dvd easy to use, and of course the new exterior you just can't get tired of. Every time I see it, its still a "wow".

Suggested Improvements

For my model, I would suggest wood in the steering wheel, and the third row seat to fold flat in all models.