Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Uses Excessive Oil and Gas
By CMcFarland

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 3 other suburbans, but this is my last. First of all they misrepresented this car when they first started advertising it as better fuel economy with a new engine that went between 4-8 cylinders as it needed around 17 MPG town and 22 on HWY. Big LIE! The best I have ever gotten is 16 MPG on Highway. Normally get 12-14 in town. My 2002 Suburban did 17-19 at all times. When I took it back in to dealership for this, I was told they really didn't get any better than mine was getting. Also, around 50,000 miles it started burning oil, 1 quart per oil change. I now have 100,000 mile on it and it burns 1 quart for every 1000 miles. Big problems with this vehicle. Save your money

Favorite Features

Drives well and is comfortable. Outside looks good

Suggested Improvements

Fix Engine issues (oil consumption) Gas mileage was better in older suburbans than this one- go back to other engine. GM Give us credit on a new improved version of a suburban. This was an all time bad suburban compared to my past 3, which were great.

Not really an SUV
By Kwasi Asante-Ansong

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Seriously the flex fuel is a waste and also don't trust the back glass because it falls off and it will be your fault that it was not well built. Save some money for the tires and all the things that go wrong every time you service your car.

Favorite Features

do not have a favorite

Suggested Improvements

listen to the people who drive these trucks, it's our money not yours. and please do something about the oil

Problems
By Lamont

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, I have had a transmission replaced, blown head gaskets, burning oil excessively, air conditioning and heating control problems, door handle peeling (over $100 to replace), and battery drain issues! I can't stand it when you take a 45,000 car in for these issues and they concoct some B.S. about it being in spec and all we can do is keep an eye on it! The thought of the suburban is well intended but the actual reliability of this vehicle is a complete fail. But what's worse is the the excuses that the service departments give when they should step up to the plate and fix the problem!

Favorite Features

Nice design, Nice ride, great space.

Suggested Improvements

Have Japanese auto makers build your engines and transmissions, because it's obvious that GM can't do it, then for the things that GM does produce have accountability for your company and it's employees so you don't continue putting out overpriced crap as products in the U.S.!

Oil Consumption Issues
By Nailhead

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has excessive oil consumption issues. Google "2007 Suburban Oil Consumption" Chevrolet is giving those of us still in warranty the run-a-round or telling us 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles is normal usage.

Favorite Features

Comfort and seating capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the oil consumption issue. I gave you $55,000 for a really nice vehicle, give me what I paid for.

Burns oil.......
By paula

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car but hate all the problems it has and the dealerships way of fixing it.It has burned oil since i bought it they did tests said it was in normal range.. If someone pays 50000$ for a car normal range of oil usage should be 0.I bought it so i would have a dependable car and that is not the case. They put a new engine at 54000 miles because it was burning 1 qt every 500 miles now.. I don't like having paid 37000$ for it an it being 2 yrs old and needing a new engine but i think at least its fixed .. WRONG 3000 miles later oil light on I'm being told now its normal for the new engine to burn oil breaking in whatever. I bought a lemon well oils burning seems to b a problem with this car

Favorite Features

I love the inside , and when the engine works right i love to drive this car i just want it to work and not be in the shop all the time

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with it burning oil.. and don't give me its normal...