2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
We got a lemon
By Heidi on 02/23/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck new from the dealership. Within the first weekend we had it the a/c broke. We took it in and they thought they fixed the problem. We had to take it back 6-7 times to get the a/c fixed and the dealer finally had to take the back apart to fix the problem. All we got out of GM was free oil changes and tire rotations for 30k miles. We also had a tire rub within the first month we bought it.We have had problems with the battery too, but that is a easy fix by jumping it.This was my second suburban so I though we would be getting the same quality but I was mistaken.My parents worked for GM until they retired so I have only bought Chevrolet products,but I am going elsewhere .

I love it...but there is a couple things
By DG_in_SD on 01/03/10 07:51 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second burb,I traded in an '03 Z71. The 2007 model is a great vehicle overall, the looks, quality are all there.No oil usage issues. Currently have 34,000 miles on vehicle. 13MPG in town...only 17 hwy.

Excellent vehicle
By MarkInKeizer on 12/25/09 22:32 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Other reviews say it all about the improved fit and finish and the great design. It's a huge improvement over previous Suburbans and previous GM vehicles I've owned. I've driven a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville (about the same weight) and a 1999 Suburban. The Bonneville ranged from 9 to 12 mpg and the 99 Suburban got 11 to 13 and to get the higher mileage I had to drive in a style that had the little old man in a hat behind me irate! The 2007 gets 13.5 mpg accelerating faster than most people away from lights. This isn't 1 fuel economy like others have rated it. Comparing it to a Prius or Metro is NUTS! Come on lets compare apples to apples. I get 17 - 20 on the freeway. It needs the 2010 6 speed.

It's suppose to be a truck not SurferVan
By diamond.s.ranch on 11/29/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the look, got the z71 package. Drives great and smooth. No problems yet (2 years) except for tires wearing out so soon, replaced with Michelins, now alot better. I do not like the fact that the Suburban was always still a truck, for also carrying people, and now it's more like a MiniVan/Good Times Van inside. It's embarrassing. I think soccer moms decided to make it a Van and request the Captain chairs in the middle or something. It took me months to find one with bench in the middle and back instead of chairs. And now the middle bench when you fold it up does not make the floor underneath completely flat, you have the floor wells. It's only flat toward the 3 roll seats back.

What a change from 2003
By PElliott on 10/13/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Suburban which I loved. I can't believe the changes! I thought I was already driving a nice ride, but Chevy has out done themselves. It is much roomier, rides like a dream and handles great. I was amazed with the turning radius. I was able to make a U-turn on a divided 2 lane street without clipping the curb. I love the 8/4 5.3L engine. I am averaging 22 mpg. I will admit most of my drive is commute (65 mph). The 2 third row seats nicely fold up against the second row with ease. In this configuration I carried a four tier wedding cake (separated), two large cube ice chest, three suitcases, 6 12 can cases of soda and several loose clothing bags with room left over.

Lemon
By Brad on 10/11/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission is junk. 4,000 miles after warranty expired the transmission failed. Searches on the internet produced many hits with the same issue. It seems Chevy knows this is an issue and has failed to do anything about it. Sad that a vehicle that costs over $50k can fail after only 40k miles... This is my second Suburban to have the same problem. Definitely buying an import next time. Americans cannot build cars.

My Dream Vehicle
By queeneene on 08/31/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I can't remember if it's LT or LS. It's in the shop right now for the a/c- heat issues I've had with it since I bought it used a year ago. I have 3 kids and 2Lg dogs, it was excellent for driving from Alaska to La. last summer besides the heat going out while we were in the mts and a/c not working once we got in the southern states. Ar. dealership changed a part $250, Mechanic here changed parts twice $800+, Dealership here is trying to charge me $2,000 to replace half the a/c :( The shocks make it ride like a Cadillac. Flex fuel doesn't seem to make that big a difference. It does guzzle oil. The captains chairs in the center would be ideal in all of these large SUV's and make my job easier.

A Real SUV with great safety!
By Leon on 07/31/09 06:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Z71 4WD that uses E85 consistently. I put a K&N air system, not just the filter into the engine and the performance increased remarkably. I use synthetic oil from first oil change and have not had the oil loss that others claim, but I do change my own oil. There have been several computer upgrades that this truck needs or else trans light come on for transfer case,etc.. Once this is taken care of have not had any problems. We use this for our long distance travel and I use it for heavy construction equipment repair offroad, sometimes WAY off road and it has always amazed me and others on scene with it ability to do what custom lifted vehicles can do in factory standard mode.

Wish it were mine
By Larry on 07/14/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wife traded in her 2005 Tahoe for this truck, it has been great. A couple of minor problems - knob on rear control fell off and piece of plastic in storage area broke, but besides that no problems. Have seen the dreaded "low oil" light once, brought it in. It is currently burning 1 pint of oil every 3K miles, so I hope it does not get worse - dealer said this was common...

I wish it would work!
By Becky on 05/19/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got this car in anticipation of our 3rd child. I love the design and drive of this car but I have a problem with the oil. The low oil light has come on frequently causing a rebuild of the valves and a baffle replacement. I also had a drain on the battery that left my mom stranded unable to get to my daughter at school in time. Now I am told the oil problem is a problem with this model and will need a complimentary top off when it comes on. UGGG. The car isn't even 3 years old yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.