Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Long Live the Chevrolet Suburban
By Freddie Hamad

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this White 2007 Suburban LT 2 with rear entertainment system for my wife as we are expecting our 5th child ( in 4 years ) and her 2004 Mazda MPV was just too small to be comfortable. I, being in the auto sales busines, ( I have been selling Mercedes Benz for 2 years ), I researched every SUV out there. After driving everything, I settled down on the Suburban. My wife was very nervous about driving such a large SUV, But After a couple of weeks with the Suburban, I can not get her to let me take it out, she is in love with it and will never go back to a mini van.

Sitting up high and being able to see past the car in front of you. The solid feel of the truck vs the flimsy feel of a mini van. the kick in the pants performance of the V8. I love the power .

None.

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ - Not the Best
By Jan

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Chevy SUV. We've had the Ford Expedition and an Acura MDX. Interior design looks cheap. We've had numerous issues and recalls to contend with. Key fobs not working, replaced latch on 3rd row seat; there is not enough horsepower with the 1500 and in Houston traffic merging onto the freeway is dangerous. The Nav system is designed poorly and ineffective. And, now, latch on other seat is broken. We've not even had this car for a year yet - and it has been in the dealership for repairs 5-6 times in the first few months. If I wouldn't lose so much, I'd trade this car in today for the Expedition EL. Do not buy this car - go for the Expedition EL.

Automatic rear lift gate, remote ignition starter, rear entertainment system.

Needs more engine power, fewer trips to the dealership for repairs, 3rd row seats that function or fold flat like the Expedition.

Very annoying problems with the '07!
By andb

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you don't want the price of leather, skip the '07 Suburban! We traded in a '02 Suburban that we loved and got a lemon. The fabric seats attract lint and hold it even through a vaccuuming with a $600 vaccuum. We have to vaccuum and then use a lint roller to even get close to getting the seats clean. We purchased fabric because we were so satisfied with the Chevy fabric in our '02 Suburban and '05 Chevy pickup. The '07 is a step in the wrong direction! At 6'4", I also have a problem with the location of the 4wheel drive knob. I knock it and turn it on everytime I get in without realizing it. Our 3rd row passenger seat has also had the knob for flipping it forward broken twice.

1) Switch the fabric on the seats; 2) move the 4wheel drive knob or make it harder to turn and 3)use quality materials on your seat levers; 4)Add space for storage. I had more in my minivan; 5) make stronger bumpers. I haven't hit anything yet, but I've felt them and they're not strong!

Great for a big Family
By Stevosps

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We looked at other SUVs but in the end the Suburban is the best choise for our family of 7. The comfort of the interior is by far the best in its class. Altough you have to get a third row 3 passanger seat upgrade to get full passanger capacity. The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles great with turns and braking. I noticed the braking time is much better on this model. I would recomend this suv to anyone looking for comfort and room. It also has the largest cargo area. And is great for moving and 4'x8' material, as well as any other home improvement materials. It's the all in one truck at a good price!

The rear hatch. No tail gate to load things over. also the VIC(vehicle information center) lets you know what's going on with the truck's engine, fuel situation and trip miles and time. The standard Audio center is also enjoyable without upgrade.

I think the cargo area should go back to the way it was. The new one doesn't have the second row of seats go flat, losing about 8in.of space.

Confidence in GM again
By Smoking Hot

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2000 GMC Yukon XL which was mediocre as to reliability. This vehicle is outstanding. I may have to borrow it from my wife and stop driving a luxury sedan. We bought the LTZ - hey, it's her 50th BDay. The whole family loves it, including the dog.

Electronic liftgate, electronic captain's chairs, DVD and XM sound system, ride and quietness.

More storage. Go back to the old bumper design with two levels of running board