2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: '07 Design Disappointments

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

2500 LT 4dr SUV (6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

'07 Design Disappointments
By Dave on

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Suburban. My '01 was a quantum improvement over my '95. The '07 dropped the dual visors, and several small storage areas, no lock on console. Headliner, visors, and plastic trim finish looks cheaper to me. GPS has poor software and database. ie, 3-D view of map is only map display option and street level data is limited even in urban areas. Buy a Garmin C330. Get better performance and save big dollars. It takes forever for the screens to change on the display. On the positive side I have had no rattles or other problems since delivery. Would be great performance wise with a diesel. GM's design concept was on the right track, but too many compromises to save on build cost.

Favorite Features

Auto fold 2nd row captain's seats, driver info computer, tire pressure monitor, rear camera.

Suggested Improvements

Add class IV hitch and diesel option, double visors, console lock, assist handle over passenger door. Use a better GPS package and database such as Garmin. Increase processor speed on center screen functions. Dump new camper mirrors and revert to last generation design.