2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Love the car but hate the problems
By 4babies2luv on 06/13/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car back in 2007. we have a large family and we always have extra people with us. We started having problems with it like the battery dying. So the dealership replaced the battery. That happened a few times. Then we have the hid away running boards and the motor went out a few times and they replaced that. And now for the last 3 year the radio shorts out. we will be driving and all of a sudden the radio goes off the doors lock up the dash shuts off. All the electronics turns off. We are still able to drive but we cant get out of the car. They replaced the radio and they found 2 shorts and they supposebly fixed the problem but they didnt.

excessive oil consumption
By jjohn22 on 06/26/11 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Around 36000 miles I noticed our suburban started consuming 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. Over the past 2 years I have had the dealership try various "fixes" but it still consumes oil. This is becoming a trend with the '07 suburban as others are experiencing the same problem. My vehicle will be at the dealership for a week for the next round of exploratory surgery on the engine. Hopefully they can find a fix as I am running out of powertrain warranty in a few months. The first 2 years with this vehicle we had repeated electrical problems with battery discharge. GM found a fix for that.

Uses Excessive Oil and Gas
By CMcFarland on 06/30/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 3 other suburbans, but this is my last. First of all they misrepresented this car when they first started advertising it as better fuel economy with a new engine that went between 4-8 cylinders as it needed around 17 MPG town and 22 on HWY. Big LIE! The best I have ever gotten is 16 MPG on Highway. Normally get 12-14 in town. My 2002 Suburban did 17-19 at all times. When I took it back in to dealership for this, I was told they really didn't get any better than mine was getting. Also, around 50,000 miles it started burning oil, 1 quart per oil change. I now have 100,000 mile on it and it burns 1 quart for every 1000 miles. Big problems with this vehicle. Save your money

We got a lemon
By Heidi on 02/23/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck new from the dealership. Within the first weekend we had it the a/c broke. We took it in and they thought they fixed the problem. We had to take it back 6-7 times to get the a/c fixed and the dealer finally had to take the back apart to fix the problem. All we got out of GM was free oil changes and tire rotations for 30k miles. We also had a tire rub within the first month we bought it.We have had problems with the battery too, but that is a easy fix by jumping it.This was my second suburban so I though we would be getting the same quality but I was mistaken.My parents worked for GM until they retired so I have only bought Chevrolet products,but I am going elsewhere .

2007 Suburban 2WD 100 LT vortex 5.3L fle
By Mweb on 08/02/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a new Cadillac, but fell in love with 2007 Suburban. It drives and rides better. My 1992 has 210,000 miles and still does not use a quart oil between changes. So far my new one is great. I average 16 miles in town and that's better than my friend's Highlander's 15. For me and my needs our Suburban is great. It's funny all my friends drive small imports, but they aways want me to drive. My taste, guess I am use to my 1992,

LUV out 07 3LT Suburban
By 01pewterz28 on 11/13/07 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We traded in out 05 Trailblazer EXT on this new 07 Suburban what a difference. I cannot get my wife out of the drivers seat she loves all of the features. Chevy did it's homework on this Suburban. A+++ is all that I can say. We get 2-3mpg more then her 05 TB. She loves he remote start, heated seats, power lift gate, power 2nd row seats. The room it's like a closet on wheels we can haul everything.

Latch Car Seats
By Brian M on 05/26/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Only bad thing I can say is, "Why aren't there latch seats on the drivers side on the 2nd row bench?". Otherwise great. Replacing our 2003 Sequoia. Hope it proves as reliable.

Great Vehicle
By LTZ on 03/03/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LTZ - excellent all the way around. Great looks for a large SUV. Gadgets are great. Excellent layout and space. Kids love it. Gas mileage not bad for a large SUV.

LTZ - Best Ever "Burb"
By 3C on 02/13/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had 3 Suburbans in the past along with Toyota Sequoia. This beats it hands down! Great ride, great interior, great exterior look. Cudos for GM! A great American car company!

Almost Perfect
By PAUL DITCHOFF on 12/17/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a longtime Suburban fan and agree with all the good stuff said in other reviews. However my Suburbans have always been business multi- use. Suburban cargo handling has always been great until now. With the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row upright, there are almost no flat surfaces, just bumps and dips. Floor distance only 7ft 6in. Door will not close on occassional plywood runs. Also not happy that I had to special order 2wd. No 2wd delivered north of Kentucky. Go to any lot in MI. All 4wd with sunroofs. Adds $3000. Ordered Suburban Sept 28. Built in Mexico(argh) Nov 15. Delivered Dec 12. That's 75 days. That's ridiculous.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.