Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love the car but hate the problems
By 4babies2luv

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car back in 2007. we have a large family and we always have extra people with us. We started having problems with it like the battery dying. So the dealership replaced the battery. That happened a few times. Then we have the hid away running boards and the motor went out a few times and they replaced that. And now for the last 3 year the radio shorts out. we will be driving and all of a sudden the radio goes off the doors lock up the dash shuts off. All the electronics turns off. We are still able to drive but we cant get out of the car. They replaced the radio and they found 2 shorts and they supposebly fixed the problem but they didnt.

I love this car. It is fully equiped.

Fix my car

excessive oil consumption
By jjohn22

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Around 36000 miles I noticed our suburban started consuming 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles.
Over the past 2 years I have had the dealership try various "fixes" but it still consumes oil.
This is becoming a trend with the '07 suburban as others are experiencing the same problem.
My vehicle will be at the dealership for a week for the next round of exploratory surgery on the engine.
Hopefully they can find a fix as I am running out of powertrain warranty in a few months.
The first 2 years with this vehicle we had repeated electrical problems with battery discharge.
GM found a fix for that.

We bought this model for our family vehicle because of its generous size and comfort on trips.

Major problem with oil consumption and electrical problems causing repeated battery discharge. To date there has been no GM fix for the oil consumption. It will be back at the dealership next week for the 3rd round of tearing down the engine. For all this effort it would have been more cost effective to just replace the engine. GM customer service is not much help...they call every few days to ask "is it fixed yet?" They act more as customer pacifiers than problem solvers.

Uses Excessive Oil and Gas
By CMcFarland

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 3 other suburbans, but this is my last. First of all they misrepresented this car when they first started advertising it as better fuel economy with a new engine that went between 4-8 cylinders as it needed around 17 MPG town and 22 on HWY. Big LIE! The best I have ever gotten is 16 MPG on Highway. Normally get 12-14 in town. My 2002 Suburban did 17-19 at all times. When I took it back in to dealership for this, I was told they really didn't get any better than mine was getting. Also, around 50,000 miles it started burning oil, 1 quart per oil change. I now have 100,000 mile on it and it burns 1 quart for every 1000 miles. Big problems with this vehicle. Save your money

Drives well and is comfortable. Outside looks good

Fix Engine issues (oil consumption) Gas mileage was better in older suburbans than this one- go back to other engine. GM Give us credit on a new improved version of a suburban. This was an all time bad suburban compared to my past 3, which were great.

We got a lemon
By Heidi

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck new from the dealership. Within the first weekend we had it the a/c broke. We took it in and they thought they fixed the problem. We had to take it back 6-7 times to get the a/c fixed and the dealer finally had to take the back apart to fix the problem. All we got out of GM was free oil changes and tire rotations for 30k miles. We also had a tire rub within the first month we bought it.We have had problems with the battery too, but that is a easy fix by jumping it.This was my second suburban so I though we would be getting the same quality but I was mistaken.My parents worked for GM until they retired so I have only bought Chevrolet products,but I am going elsewhere .

The DVD player. The Bose speakers.

none

2007 Suburban 2WD 100 LT vortex 5.3L fle
By Mweb

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a new Cadillac, but fell in love with 2007 Suburban. It drives and rides better. My 1992 has 210,000 miles and still does not use a quart oil between changes. So far my new one is great. I average 16 miles in town and that's better than my friend's Highlander's 15. For me and my needs our Suburban is great. It's funny all my friends drive small imports, but they aways want me to drive. My taste, guess I am use to my 1992,

The quiet ride.

The steering is too sensitive for me.