Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

What a change from 2003
By PElliott

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Suburban which I loved. I can't believe the changes! I thought I was already driving a nice ride, but Chevy has out done themselves. It is much roomier, rides like a dream and handles great. I was amazed with the turning radius. I was able to make a U-turn on a divided 2 lane street without clipping the curb. I love the 8/4 5.3L engine. I am averaging 22 mpg. I will admit most of my drive is commute (65 mph). The 2 third row seats nicely fold up against the second row with ease. In this configuration I carried a four tier wedding cake (separated), two large cube ice chest, three suitcases, 6 12 can cases of soda and several loose clothing bags with room left over.

Exterior design, redesigned console/dash and the quiet ride. Feels tighter with a better finish. It is a gentle giant among other large vehicles.

Crossbars for the roof rack should be standard equipment Drivers console should be a closed compartment with a lid like the older models.

Great job Chevrolet
By eddie

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our first Suburban and my wife and I are impressed. This is a beautiful, sharp looking vehicle, I have 4 kids and they love it. They are happy, wife is happy, we are all comfortable. Have taken on long trips and at one point I had 11 people in the vehicle. My sister that owns a Hummer now wants a Suburban because it is practical, reliable, is gorgeous and comfortable

Roomy, cargo area, looks, gas is not so bad considering it is a large. We average a tank of gas every 4 weeks in city driving, impressive!

1/4 split fold down seat also on the left side

Best Yet
By Texas

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Third Suburban I've had, best yet for ride and comfort. Still would like to have cargo doors back and the red exterior color offerered is really maroon. What were they thinking when they shortened the cargo length to less than 8 ft?

Steering wheel controls, sunroof, navigation, electric tailgate, stabili- track ride is great

Center console lid is akward opening. Go back to side hinged. Flatten out the cargo space w/the thrid row removed

Best Suburban Ever
By Burbman

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Second Suburban I've owned. Previous one was 3/4ton 4x4. The 2007 is absolutely incredible. How they make that solid of a ride so smooth I don't know. The new body design looks so much sleeker, less boxy and biggish. Couldn't talk the wife into it initially ("it's too big"). But now she wants me to drive the Maxima and her the Suburban. Now she's saying, "It's so easy to drive." Of the big SUV's this is definitely the boss!

Roomy, smooth ride, and great new body design. V4 feature on cruising speeds gets me 21-22 highway. Are you kidding me?

A chauffer so I could sleep.

Should have went to Toyota
By charles schell

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is great, but if you demand a smooth ride, don't go over 70mph. Steering feels like you need a good tire balance. They put new tires on after 500 miles and had to force balance just to get it within specs. I feel like I got a lemon. I hate sitting at long red lights. It feels like at idle that it's missing a plug wire. Junk.

Offer a lint brush with the cloth seats. Even with the super vac, it will not get the lint off.