2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
2007 burban AMAZING REVIEW FOR HIGH MILEAGE
By themann258 on 06/09/14 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i have 200,000 miles and shes still running like a champ.. NOt to mention pulling my 6,500 lb boat and trailer without any stress.. FOR anyone who is finding great prices on the suburbans,tahoes,yukons and escalades but they have the 150k miles and up club. go for it this truck will not let you down... GM always does best.. will be with me for another 200,000 k

oil consumption/transmission
By buddy77 on 07/03/13 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had issues with my 2007 Suburban using oil also. I bought it preowned. The documentation for my repair states: oil consumption issue J1307 15.30 (I assume this is a bulletin from GM). The work order states, replaced all 8 pistons and ring sets with new head gaskets, intake, exhaust, found 5 scored push rods and replaced etc. Basically the engine was rebuilt at 88M miles but it was covered under warranty. NOW I just had to have the transmission rebuilt at 112M miles. No warranty for that. As crazy as it sounds my dream truck was a Suburban. This is the first one I have owned. It is basically a new truck now so I hope it lasts until I pay it off!!!

Very Disappointed!
By travkelli on 02/26/13 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would check the forums on the Oil consumption of this vehicle before you ever buy one. We have to put in 4qts of oil in between oil changes of every 3k miles. Apparently there are hundreds of others that have been the same. Also had batterie life issues that was eventually worked out, but wasn't on the first attempt which was also frustrating. I will NEVER own a GM vehicle again.

my suburban
By lilb9012 on 11/20/12 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i have a 2007 chevy suburban. i love it but it has to many problems. the drivers door now creaks. some how the dash board had a crack in it. the batterie dies a lot. i wish it had a little better gas milage. i dont drive it 24/7 i have drivin it a total of 10 times in 1 wk and and i used a total of 3/4ths of my tank. i get 11.5 miles to the gallon. and my speakers had to get replaced twice because they got blown out, i dont use the bass a lot and i dont blastthe music a lot but they just come and go..

Love the car but hate the problems
By 4babies2luv on 06/13/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car back in 2007. we have a large family and we always have extra people with us. We started having problems with it like the battery dying. So the dealership replaced the battery. That happened a few times. Then we have the hid away running boards and the motor went out a few times and they replaced that. And now for the last 3 year the radio shorts out. we will be driving and all of a sudden the radio goes off the doors lock up the dash shuts off. All the electronics turns off. We are still able to drive but we cant get out of the car. They replaced the radio and they found 2 shorts and they supposebly fixed the problem but they didnt.

excessive oil consumption
By jjohn22 on 06/26/11 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Around 36000 miles I noticed our suburban started consuming 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. Over the past 2 years I have had the dealership try various "fixes" but it still consumes oil. This is becoming a trend with the '07 suburban as others are experiencing the same problem. My vehicle will be at the dealership for a week for the next round of exploratory surgery on the engine. Hopefully they can find a fix as I am running out of powertrain warranty in a few months. The first 2 years with this vehicle we had repeated electrical problems with battery discharge. GM found a fix for that.

Love Hate Relationship
By FirstSUV on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this big SUV for our big family, and having that much space is great. But when things keep breaking down, breaking off, and breaking in general, all of the things you've always heard about Chevy's becomes true. Oil sensors, transmission -- what's next? That being said, it is fun to drive and looks really nice. Not sure that makes it worth all of the headache.

Replaced 2005 Durango
By Clint on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ready to leave on 3K mile trip from Saskatchewan Canada to Disneyland California pulling a 33 foot camper and our Hemi Durango wouldn't start and dealer had no idea how to fix. Found the Burb (5.3L, LTZ, AWD) and it was awesome. Little less power than Hemi but better in everything else. Wife and 3 kids loved it. Added 1 qt oil in 3K miles, running Mobil 1 synthetic. Drove through cold and extreme heat, pouring rain, and wind with no problems. Very impressed overall. Better mileage then the Hemi and larger gas tank much appreciated as some stretches with minimal fuel service. But really, it is a full size vehicle, so who cares about mileage.Get a crossover if you want mileage.

GM better do something!
By Jadotima on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a loyal GM guy for over 20 years. That I believe is coming to an end. This Suburban is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. I have a 2003 Gmc Extended Cab with 225,00 miles on it never once has it burned a drop of oil. I would drive it to the moon and back before I would even consider driving this 2007 Suburban 300 miles. Unbelievable, You cant even touch the 4wd control so hot, I held my hand on there for 3 seconds. Get a shock every time you step out of the Truck to add oil. Just makes me sick. I think FORD is calling my name. Never thought I'd say that. GM can have this Suburban back, or fix the problem NOW!!

Losing patience with Chevy fast!
By Dave on 09/01/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am as loyal a buyer as Chevy can have after buying 7 Suburban/ Tahoes but have ready to throw in the towel after the issues experienced with my 07 LTZ. It's now burning 1-3 quarts every 2K miles and it's going in for the new fix (waited 8 mos) tomorrow. If they resolve the oil issue I may be back. Otherwise I am turning it in for Ford Exp EL. It's the best design yet, but what good is it if its always in the shop? We love doing family vacations in it but have had too many problems: 1. excessive oil use 2. washer heater -removed my favorite option! 3. Erratic A/C 4. Chrome peeling off int. door handles 5. U-joint 6. 4WD switch breaks 7. Front bumper breaks in snow! 8. 16 mpg max

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.