2006 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: '06 Suburban 4x4 LT

2006 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

'06 Suburban 4x4 LT
By smokem on

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a great vehicle. Obviously, people buy this car for the size and room, gas mileage is a secondary factor, if at all. (This is why I gave a "relatively" high rating on fuel economy. Our kids love to ride in the 3rd row seats, and it is very easy for them to get in and out of the 3rd row because we have the 2nd row bucket seats. The ride is smooth, quiet, and enjoyable. The interior is very nice, but the '07 is much better (dash, leather, etc.). I like the exterior body style of the '06 better than the '07. When comparing to the Ford Expedition and Toyota Sequoia, the Chevy included more sandard features. The Ford and Toyota "nickels and dimes" you with the same features.

This is a big car with room for 7 plus room behind the 3rd row for luggage, groceries, etc., without having to compromise the 3rd row seating. The LT is loaded with more features than we can mention. XM satellite was not a factor in our purchase, but now it is all my wife listens to! She loves it!

PARENTS NOTE: 2nd row bench seat does not recline! This is why my wife and I decided on the 2nd row reclining bucket seats. We didn't want our kids' heads flopping forward while sleeping. Also, Chevy needs to figure out how to fold the 3rd row seat into the floor like the Ford Expedition.