2006 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
I will never buy a Chevy again!
By JO on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First the gas tank went. 2nd the transmission failed. 3rd 4 wheel drive got stuck and had to be replaced. Now I am constantly loosing anti freeze. (another big problem) Chevy is so bad. Ps I had to pay out of my own pocket. No help from Chevy. Do not buy a Chevy!

Surburban = Lemon
By Paul Lenich on 01/08/10 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a new surburban in 2006. After 60,000 miles, the transmission failed and I had to spend $3k on a new one. The vehicle was out of warranty and GM offered no assistance. I am extremely disappointed that after spending $50k on a vehicle that it needed a new transmission with so low mileage. This is my first GM car and my last. I have owned three nissans and one volov and the quality of the suburban is well below the others. I would advise shopping around.

I'm sold on the Suburban!
By Ray on 08/03/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I started looking for an SUV months ago. I test drove Yukon XL & Sequoia before deciding on the Suburban. People that complain about the gas mileage are a bit delusional. For the size of vehicle & engine, it's pretty amazing, actually. I've been getting 16-17 mpg in horrible traffic conditions. I avg 21.4mpg on the hwy @60mph & 19.9mpg @70mph. My Tundra got 18mpg @70! It's more quiet & rides more smoothly than the Tundra or Sequoia, not to mention has a better turning radius. It's just a few inches longer, too, but has far more interior space. I admit it's not as luxurious as a Denali or Navigator, but I couldn't pass it up. If you're afraid of the size, don't be. You get used to it quickly

3rd Suburban
By dshackel on 06/21/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love these trucks. Current one is a replacement for one I totaled hitting trees head-on. I walked away without a scratch, police were astounded and credited the vehicle. I drive 130 miles round trip to work daily and never have a problem, even get decent mileage. We haul everything from goats to furniture in the back with no issue - and this is the leather, captains chair model. Just a great family driver.

We enjoy our Suburban
By JGD on 06/03/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Suburban for almost 2 years. We moved up in size from a Ford Explorer. Explorer is junk! We enjoy the extra seating and tons of space when 3rd row is folded down. My husband and I are large people and we are very comfortable in the front seats. Kids love the DVD. One thing though, the electronic displays get very hot on the radio and DVD after car has been running for about an hour. Honestly, you can almost burn yourself. The gas mileage is not much worse than the Explorer that seated 5 people and this seats 7. It handles well on the road and is a pleasure on long trips. It does take some time to learn all the electronic "gadgets". After two years, the car has been good!

1500 LS 5.3 V8
By rsm8 on 06/11/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased used from a dealer with 19,000 miles. We traded in our '03 Sequoia because we needed the additional seating and cargo room. Mechanically the car has been very good. My only complaint would be the alignment seems to need adjustment about every six months (we had it done in Dec and again in June). I rated the build quality at a 7 because I think the interior is very cheaply made. After owning a Toyota, it is very apparent to us how flimsy the plastic accessories are. All four of the plastic covers at the base of the seats are in need of replacement. Overall we like the interior space and seating. It also drives nicely, but GM is lucky Toyota doesn't build a bigger Sequoia.

Great Choice
By woz on 11/27/06 17:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Z71 loaded except for the Nav system. Four trips over 600 miles each way in total comfort and luxury. Fun and comfortable to drive and ride in. Glad I chose this after driving and researching all the others in the large class. Small click under dash at steering wheel when spedometer hits 10mph. No one knew what it was until they finally discovered it was the brake system going thru a self check. Center bucket seats could be more easily adjusted for entry to the rear.

Lemon!
By lr on 10/24/06 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After looking at several large SUV's for our growing family, we decided on the Suburban . So far it has been in the shop 5 times for squeaky brakes and power steering noise. Now something is wrong with the battery. I've had to have the vehicle jumped twice so far. The dealership says nothing is wrong with the battery and brakes. Did something for the power steering, but still making noise! For the price we paid, I am completely disappointed in the vehicle and service. We are looking at lemon lawing the truck!!

Great (big) SUV
By ptlytch07 on 09/20/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Suburban since 1999. I absolutely love this vehicle and there is nothing else on the market that comes close in terms of size and seating capacity. We have a very large family (6 kids) and they can all sit fairly comfortably, although the backseat is a tight fit for teenagers. The front seats are incredibly comfortable and this vehicle is great for long trips. The fuel economy is terrible, but what do you expect from something of this size and weight? My only complaint is that Chevrolet went really cheap in order to save money and took out little amenities like a glove box light and an engine light to make more profit.

Best Choice
By jwoz on 07/04/06 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Did not expect to be driving this Z71 much but 4 roadtrips of over 1500 miles each over the last 7 months told me I made the right choice. Great looks, leather pkg is great and comfortable. Controls convenient. Fun to drive, soft with little to no noise. Used the 4WD for the 1st time while other family members spun their tires trying to climb a rock driveway. Routine dealership visits were suprisingly pleasant.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.